• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modi hints @ 2 IPL tourneys a year

Redbacks

International Captain
does India have a well supported 'football' code or other that takes a large following for 6 or so months a year?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In India, nothing beats cricket!!! Nothing comes even remotely close..

You should take a look at the sports pages of the dailies here even on days when there is no cricket.. It is always near the headlines anyway.

biased indian

International Coach
does India have a well supported 'football' code or other that takes a large following for 6 or so months a year?
a part from northern part of kerala and the area around kolkata where football has a good following..there is no competition for Cricket any where in india

Xuhaib

International Coach
Which sport gets the 2nd most amount of press? Where does EPL rank?
In Pakistan Cricket takes the most coverage followed by EPL but that is a very distant second I guess same goes for all the sub cont countries.

biased indian

International Coach
Which sport gets the 2nd most amount of press? Where does EPL rank?
Press you can say the EPL do get its fair share but that when compared to cricket is very very less.major sporting events do get good coverage but nothing like cricket ..we do have french open coverage now

but if a test or ODI series is on you can be sure that 2 out of 3 sports page will have cricket alone and the rest of all the sports fitted into third along with some ad's as well

RainaRocks

Cricket Spectator
One IPL and one CL is enough in a year. If there are two IPLs every year it will be an overkill IMO. :wacko:

But Modi has proved everybody wrong and I will not be surprised if he makes two IPLs a hit too.. he is planning US markets and it might be a good market if he promotes IPL, T20 and cricket extensively.. anyways Lalit Modi is a genius at marketing.. I do not want two IPLs a year but I wont be surprised if it becomes an even bigger hit :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
yet to sit down and watch a single IPL game. Unlikely to do so even if they're on more often. But will be cut if it means international cricket suffers.
AWTA - never watched a game yet even though I'm not anti-T20.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Its rubbish on here... how the kiwis are coming down on 20/20 cricket acting like theyed watch zim vs bang over it .. belive me me if that series was on at the same time Otago was in the final at the club championship match ... who do you think thayed watch..

what grinds my gears about this is NZC does not get a fair deal when it comes to test cricket anyway..... we are rarely given a 3 match series.. I think the whole test programme accomadates 4 teams aus, eng, rsa, ind. all the other teams are only an after thought.. sure money talks... thats great.. but they really make sure you understand your worth in the wider picture.. its a unbalanced system.. the more games you play the better your team will get... and the gap just keeps widening.

Id rather watch a ipl with nz players in the teams ..atleast i know they are there because they are worth it..

Flem274*

123/5
Its rubbish on here... how the kiwis are coming down on 20/20 cricket acting like theyed watch zim vs bang over it .. belive me me if that series was on at the same time Otago was in the final at the club championship match ... who do you think thayed watch..

what grinds my gears about this is NZC does not get a fair deal when it comes to test cricket anyway..... we are rarely given a 3 match series.. I think the whole test programme accomadates 4 teams aus, eng, rsa, ind. all the other teams are only an after thought.. sure money talks... thats great.. but they really make sure you understand your worth in the wider picture.. its a unbalanced system.. the more games you play the better your team will get... and the gap just keeps widening.

Id rather watch a ipl with nz players in the teams ..atleast i know they are there because they are worth it..
IPL, not 20/20 in general, which I do like the odd game.

I'm actualy going to follow Otago via online radio (tv if possible), but I'll never watch the IPL regular season purely because I'm not that interested in it.

ret

International Debutant
IPL, not 20/20 in general, which I do like the odd game.

I'm actualy going to follow Otago via online radio (tv if possible), but I'll never watch the IPL regular season purely because I'm not that interested in it.
you wasted so much time writing on something that you are not interested in!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Its rubbish on here... how the kiwis are coming down on 20/20 cricket acting like theyed watch zim vs bang over it ..
Prefer Bangladesh to most of the league teams, though maybe Kolkata vs. Bangalore could garner my attention and don't lump me in with Phlegm, I like the league but I prefer one day cricket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I won't be watching the Champions League. Good luck to Otago, I hope they do well, but I won't be watching.