• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh:

Does veer towards the "too much information", frankly. Surely "routine but necessary surgery" would've sufficed?

Some score settling going on IMHO.

Matt79

Global Moderator
genuine :lol:

Feel the love. Akhtar sure is.

Like this bit:
"The PCB's unusually graphic press release said that a three-member medical panel appointed by the PCB"

So they needed three members to assess the one member in question?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't imagine the sledges he'll get now. :laugh:

In any case, as much as I don't like Akhtar, that is very highly inappropriate. It should obviously be a personal matter. In the western world, he could sue them.

Matt79

Global Moderator

In any case, as much as I don't like Akhtar, that is very highly inappropriate. It should obviously be a personal matter. In the western world, he could sue them.
Can't imagine any opponents will want to shake hands at the end of the day's play.

Does that count as a method of ball-tampering when he shines it in the crease of his trousers?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

Yep indeed. And since it's been published in the western world, perhaps he will...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Might open lucrative new sponsorship opportunities.

"Hi, I'm Shoaib Akhtar. Do you suffer from the agony of dick-warts?

I used to, until I tried Wart-blaster's electric sander. It has three grades of sand-paper, each of which will help leave you dick wart-free, so you can get on with you life. (pauses to bowl and knock over the stumps). HOWZAT!!! Try Wart-blaster - and enjoy the confidence!"

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my, quite unprofessional and yet, quite hilarious. At least Shoaib had a smidgen of dignity left* when it was a 'skin problem in the groin area'.

*Scrap that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anything the PCB does is highly inappropriate. As much as I despise Shoaib, I hope he does sue them and win some money.

jeevan

International 12th Man
It isn't the first time PCB has done this to Shoaib Akhtar, though it ups the ante. From his drug ban:
"Occasional smoker and a past history of infrequent alcohol consumption, with a penchant for western lifestyle, ***ually active Shoaib has an unremarkable medical history."