16 37.21%
  • Harbhajan Singh

8 18.60%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the Test road for Symonds

International Coach biased indian's Avatar

End of the Test road for Symonds

Dont know where this should be posted here or in ashes thread

But i think Aussie selectors should have selected symmonds ahead of Mcdonald ...

and with him not being selected for ashes tour has he played the last test already for australia ???
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Banned
    TBH the bloke didn't even deserve to have his CA contract renewed.

Couldn't score a run for QLD, and has done nothing notable for Australia for a long time. Just happens that Hilditch is in love with him.

I don't think he'll see much, if any test cricket again, especially if Watson can stay fit.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Didn't deserve to have his CA contract renewed? What he's still a fantastic limited overs player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Didn't deserve to have his CA contract renewed? What he's still a fantastic limited overs player.
    What has he done over the past 12-18 months that deserves an Australian contract?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaud View Post
    What has he done over the past 12-18 months that deserves an Australian contract?
    One of the greatest limited overs players in the history of the game deserves to be shunted when no one else has cemented his position in the team?

With Clarke captaining him over the past two years:
    MJ Clarke as Capt 2008-2009 235 @ 39.16 SR 88.01

Not to his usual lofty standards but then again he's hardly been giving the chance to play. Dropping Symonds from Australia's limited overs lineup would be a huge mistake. Though as a Kiwi fan go for it!

Yes sadly love the bloke and all that but I don't think he has much of a future in the baggy green.One day cricket for sure though.

Reckon that he'll sneak a Test in sometime in the future, when someone gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Reckon that he'll sneak a Test in sometime in the future, when someone gets injured.
    Yep. Still a lot of Test cricket to come in the short term, will be very surprised if he doesn't play again.

The media have gone a bit overboard with the whole Symonds dropped thing. A bit absurd really.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

No, but I hope it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

State Vice-Captain
    shocking that they picked mcdonald ahead of him, macdonald is not and will never be a test quality bowler or batsmen, you need to be at least close to one of those. His kind of bowling may have been hand in England 20 years ago but it won't now.

P.S. If you want to know what a poorly informed english fan is thinking, listen to the switch hit cricket show on cricinfo, England has a seriously good attack....lol.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Don't think the door is shut on Symonds just yet. A cricket who is an integrel member of the one day side, has the support of the national captain, and has a very good test record, cannot be written off for good.

Score some runs for Queensland, keep his name out of the newspaper headlines, and Symonds will remain in Test contention.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Don't think the door is shut on Symonds just yet. A cricket who is an integrel member of the one day side, has the support of the national captain, and has a very good test record, cannot be written off for good.

Score some runs for Queensland, keep his name out of the newspaper headlines, and Symonds will remain in Test contention.
    Not sure about 'integral member of the ODI side', I don't think he's the player he was, his confidence has taken such a knocking it will effect him more than most players. At 33 the clock is ticking, with Shane Watson fit it's even more difficult for him. The T20 world cup will be huge for his career, a few big performances (big 50s or even a 100) there with the bat could rocket him back into contention, otherwise it's looking bleak. Won't have too many opportunities for the Bulls before the tests start this winter.

I think it's unlikely Watson will get through 5 tests on the trot, macdonald isn't close to a replacement, even an out of form symonds would have been better, if only for his fielding and intimidation factor.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    has the support of the national captain
    As well as the vice captain.

He will play test cricket again for Australia. I don't think he should have been included in the Ashes squad, because he is playing poorly, in bad form, not scoring runs at domestic level and everyone expects him to just walk into the side. When he makes some runs in domestic, first class cricket, he should get selected again if Watson and North are not performing too well, but knowing the selectors, a few big limited overs scores could bring him back into the side.

Think it's a long way back if McDonald is viewed as a better test option currently.

Clearly an incredibly talented guy (what a nutural athlete he must be, given his well-documented "refuelling" issues), but I do think he's alienated quite a few would-be allies (although not the captain, apparently, which could be handy) so isn't viewed as worth the extra arse-ache he'd bring.

Needs to get off the bevy and onto a 12-step program looking at it from the outside. Guy seems to have a real problem and he's not a kid anymore (34 this year?).
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I doubt it personally. And I certainly hope he plays some more and fails some more.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information