• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking at setting up a new draft, completely different to any of the other excellent ones we've had in the past 6 months or so. Every 24 hours or so I'll ask a new question. Eg: Name a Left hander who has a highest score under 200.

Everyone emails their selections to sheepdraft@hotmail.com - If you are the only person with your answer you get that player in your XI, if someone else has the same player you have to re-pick.

If after 2 or 3 selections [depending on numbers] there are still some participants without a player I will randomly choose one of the draftees to chose any Test Cricketer who fits the criteria.

Understand? Let me know if you are keen. :)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
For sure I'm in. Enjoyed the Cricket Families draft. This sounds an even more interesting concept.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Okay so 3 is a good start, would like HEAPS more though!
Best aspect of this draft; no more tedious wait for players to make their turn. Removes some of the fun when you must wait 2/3 days for your turn to come. Plenty of possibilities with this draft NUFAN, great thinking.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Eg: Name a Left hander who has a highest score under 200.
Isn't this question basically - name a left-handed bowler? :huh:

It might be a good idea to ban research btw, because otherwise it's just a competition to see who can do the most googling. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Isn't this question basically - name a left-handed bowler? :huh:

It might be a good idea to ban research btw, because otherwise it's just a competition to see who can do the most googling. :p
LOL yeah was just an example. Didn't want to give away my questions.

I don't actually have a problem with research because if one other person is thinking the same as you it's going to be a problem.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Okay this is about to start in a few moments.

To play all you have to do is post something in this thread before 6pm Australian EST on Thursday (just over 24 hours from now) and send an email to sheepdraft@hotmail.com with your first selection.

I'll give an example of how this will work just assuming ten people are in it lets call them a b c d e f g h i j.
EXAMPLE: Select a cricketer with a batting average over 50
So I receive the following emails:
a bradman b sangakarra c hayden d tendulkar e tendulkar f gavaskar g hussey h kallis i bradman j strauss
I'll then go like this:
a bradman b pass c pass d tendulkar e tendulkar f pass g pass h pass i bradman j fail averages under 50.

so then while i ask another question a d e i j have to pick again lets say they pick
a hutton d sangakarra e hutton i swaugh j dravid

it would then be
a fail d fail [he's already been chosen] e fail i pass j pass

then
a ponting d nourse e dravid

it would mean
a FAIL d pass e FAIL

so I would then list everyones picks on here..
A FAIL B Nourse C Hayden D Nourse E FAIL F Gavaskar G Hussey H Kallis I SWaugh J Dravid

This means A and E have had their selections taken from them - I would then pick at random or say the next person who posts online picks any cricketer not mentioned who fits the criteria.

And on to the next question.

Sounds confusing, you betcha.. Game to start very soon.