• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results from selection 6
Social - Wasim Akram
Goughy - Matthew Hayden
Samuel_Vimes - Ricky Ponting
Michaelf7777777 - Viv Richards
James W - Adam Gilchrist
Biased Indian - Imran Khan
Neil Pickup - Ian Botham
fredfertang - Chris Cairns
Noble One - Jacques Kallis

Results from round 7a (someone out of martinjenkins top 100)
Accepted: fredfertang, Noble One, Biased Indian, James W, Social.
Failed: Michaelf7777777 & Samuel_Vimes (Matthew Hayden), Goughy (Alec Stewart, already nominated), Neil Pickup (failed to pick in time)

Results from round 8a (2 pairs in Tests)
Accepted: fredfertang, James W, Social
Failed: Noble One, Michaelf7777777, Samuel_Vimes (Curtly Ambrose), Biased Indian & Goughy (Shane Warne), Neil Pickup (failed to pick in time)

Question 9 shortly.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Goughy's round 6 selection of Matt Hayden stuffed up a few selectors, but he'll be kicking himself with his choice of Stewart.

I can't give too much away but I think James W will be very pleased with his accepted players.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selection 9
You are required to select a Cricketer who was at least 35 years old when he made his Test debut.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy's round 6 selection of Matt Hayden stuffed up a few selectors, but he'll be kicking himself with his choice of Stewart.

I can't give too much away but I think James W will be very pleased with his accepted players.
****, who has Stewart?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Team starting to take shape now. Slightly rag-tag bunch of cricketers, will be interesting to compare.

Going to be some great debates once this draft ends.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah a few not so great Cricketers this round, but a few hidden gems or at least semi decent performers.

I've received emails from Social, Noble, BI.

BTW, Noble One you were very lucky that no one chose Kallis, has anyone else noticed the great Cricketers not chosen re: 50 Test 6's..

biased indian

International Coach
Yeah a few not so great Cricketers this round, but a few hidden gems or at least semi decent performers.

I've received emails from Social, Noble, BI.

BTW, Noble One you were very lucky that no one chose Kallis, has anyone else noticed the great Cricketers not chosen re: 50 Test 6's..
lara ....:(

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
My email is sent. Chuffed with these last few rounds, although this one is a lot tougher, doubt mine will be accepted.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bump.

I'll give everyone another couple of hours, just needing picks from Vimes and Pickup, hopefully both can pick in time!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results Selection 7b *not in CMJ's top 100*
Failed: Neil Pickup
Accepted: The rest.

Results Selection 8b *2 pairs or more*
Failed: Neil Pickup, Biased Indian (Waqar chosen by James W in 8a).
Accepted: The rest

Results Selection 9a *debut 35 and over*
Failed: Samuel_Vimes & Michaelf7777777 (Bert Ironmonger), Noble One & Goughy (Peter Kirsten), Neil Pickup.
Accepted: Social, Biased Indian, James W, fredfertang.

I won't do a new question tonight, will wait for rounds 7 and 8 to complete. Hopefully pickup continues to play, he's got along with the others 24 hours to send in an email to sheepdraft@hotmail.com :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Updated banned players list.
Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Lance Klusener, Alec Bedser, Clarrie Grimmett, Jim Laker, Trevor Bailey, Alf Valentine, Clyde Walcott, Colin Cowdrey, Rick McCosker, Sylvester Clarke, Malcolm Marshall, Frank Worrell, Archie Jackson, Ravi Shastri, Upul Chandana, Alan Connolly, Gordon Greenidge, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne, Bert Ironmonger, Peter Kirsten.