• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So we want to show creativity and pick players noone else will, right?
In a nutshell that could be correct OR you could select a great player as everyone else is thinking of picking players no one will. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selection 1
You are required to pick someone who has played a Test Match against John Traicos.

Email your pick to sheepdraft@hotmail.com and please write your forum name in the subject. You need to post in this thread at least once [if you haven't already] for your selection to count.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Email sent

Some very decent names on the list. Will be interested to see who everyone picked. Very quirky and well thought out question to begin with NUFAN.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers Noble One, just in the process of thinking up some other questions for later rounds, have to make the questions tricky with not too many options.

Just a reminder it's not too late to join, tick under 20 hours to go.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That's not how I presumed it would work - I presumed anyone that picked someone who matched with someone else would just not get a pick for that round. Simple. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good work James W, just send through an email to sheepdraft@hotmail.com with your choice [I'm now at work and don't have access to hotmail].

I just wanted to include this rule to the game:
Whenever 2 or more selectors choose the same player he is automatically banned for the rest of the game. The player must fit the criteria.

Also is everyone happy with 3 chances before someone picks for them would you rather 2? Will do a snap vote for the next 3 people who answer, this would start from round 2.
9 1/2 hours to go...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's not how I presumed it would work - I presumed anyone that picked someone who matched with someone else would just not get a pick for that round. Simple. :p
I like to make things complicated. But nah, I hope it's clear enough.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Times up!

Results
Social = Fail (Kapil Dev)

Samuel_Vimes = Fail (Anil Kumble)

Goughy = Fail (Sachin Tendulkar)

Uppercut = Fail (Sachin Tendulkar)

Noble One = accepted

KiWiNiNjA = Fail (Sachin Tendulkar)

Michaelf7777777 = accepted

fredfertang = accepted

Neil Pickup = accepted

Jamee999 = Fail (Anil Kumble)

James_W = Fail (Kapil Dev)

Biased indian = accepted

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, so are the failed ones eligible for selection again or are they out of bounds? How many chances at a question do we have (2 or 3) before losing the pick? Do we not get to see the successful ones?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Amazing support for the Indians for the first selection didn't pay off with 7 draftees forced to make a second pick with Tendulkar, Dev and Kumble all banned.

This means I need a re-pick within 24 hours from everyone with a fail beside their names..If you pick a player that has already been accepted that's tough luck and will mean you'll have a 2nd strike beside your name. After 3 remember someone picks a player for you.

In the meantime I'll ask a second question.

For those on round 1 selection 2 your answer will take preference to someone on selection 2 pick 1 if you pick the same person.

Second question to come in a few minutes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ok, so are the failed ones eligible for selection again or are they out of bounds? How many chances at a question do we have (2 or 3) before losing the pick? Do we not get to see the successful ones?
Failed picks so Tendulkar, Dev and Kumble are out for the entire game.
You get 3 strikes, after 3 strikes someone choices the person for you.
No, you don't get to see the successful players until the round so like selection 1 in this case is complete.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selection 2
You are required to select a Cricketer who took 6 wickets or more in an innings on Test debut (it can be first or second innings, that doesn't matter).

Email to sheepdraft@hotmail.com your answer within the next 24 hours or so.

Don't forget for those who did not get a player accepted in round 1, I need your re-pick too.
:)

Last edited: