• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm not coming out of this very well. Working too hard, obviously... Monday was 8am to 11pm pretty much permanently on duty.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good suggestion Goughy.

Cheers Vimes, I just copied and pasted and had forgotten about the Verity non selection.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round10
You are required to select a Cricketer who has captained in a minimum of 25 Test Matches, Any Captain who has had draws in over 50% of their matches is excluded.

Just wanted to clarify the question.

It's captaining in 25 test matches or more and in matches as captain not more then 50 percent of the matches could end up as a draw.

EG: X played 46 matches in charge with a record 14w 8l 24d he wouldn't be accepted.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just wanted to clarify the question.

It's captaining in 25 test matches or more and in matches as captain not more then 50 percent of the matches could end up as a draw.

EG: X played 46 matches in charge with a record 14w 8l 24d he wouldn't be accepted.
Will send a new email shortly. Pls disregard the last one. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry if I'm wrong but I think this is the 9th question.. I only have 8 players so far.
This is the 10th question. As question 9 is ongoing, the players have not been revelaed yet.

So we have 8 in the bag, 1 (Q9) yet to be revealed and we are trying for our 10th.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Team thus far:

Bill Lawry
Jacques Kallis
Inzaman Ul-Haq
Ajay Jadeja
Warwick Armstrong
Ken Farnes
Derek Underwood
Rodney Hogg

12th Man

Obvious what style of players I am after now. Still hoping to pick a quality player so I can move Jadeja to 12th Man.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
This is the 10th question. As question 9 is ongoing, the players have not been revelaed yet.

So we have 8 in the bag, 1 (Q9) yet to be revealed and we are trying for our 10th.
Ahhh I see where I've gone wrong now. Cheers mate.

EDIT: Team looking awesome btw Noble_one, espescially batting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How do we want to work out who has the best team when the 12 is selected?

I was thinking of everyone voting to sheepdraft in a 3-2-1 style format for the 3 best teams.

BTW, I've just thought of the remaining 2 questions. Question 12 will be a question that gives any type of player a chance of being selected.

Noble One

How do we want to work out who has the best team when the 12 is selected?

I was thinking of everyone voting to sheepdraft in a 3-2-1 style format for the 3 best teams.

BTW, I've just thought of the remaining 2 questions. Question 12 will be a question that gives any type of player a chance of being selected.
3-2-1 style sounds best.

Everyone can post final XI. Give a small summary on strengths/weaknesses. Reasoning behind certain selection moves etc.

biased indian

International Coach
Biased XI so far

James Burke
Alec Stewart
Ian Chappell (Vc)
Doug Walters,
Imran Khan (c)
Peter Burge (WK)
Bishan Bedi,
Charlie Turner

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Biased XI so far

James Burke
Alec Stewart
Ian Chappell (Vc)
Doug Walters,
Imran Khan (c)
Peter Burge (WK)
Bishan Bedi,
Charlie Turner
Nice side. Would prefer Burge in the team just for his batting with Alec Stewart down the order as keeper.

possibly: 1 burke 2 xxx 3 chappelli 4 burge 5 walters 6 stewart 7 khan 8 xxxx 9 xxxx 10 bedi 11 turner

Would be nice to have another quick and another spinner in your lineup and opener if possible..Your side has quality minds as Captain and VC.

Noble One

Nice side. Would prefer Burge in the team just for his batting with Alec Stewart down the order as keeper.

possibly: 1 burke 2 xxx 3 chappelli 4 burge 5 walters 6 stewart 7 khan 8 xxxx 9 xxxx 10 bedi 11 turner

Would be nice to have another quick and another spinner in your lineup and opener if possible..Your side has quality minds as Captain and VC.
Unless biased indian is going for a two spin combination, then no need for another spinner. Bishan Bedi is all class, can easily hold that role down. With Ian Chappell to bowl his much under-rated leg breaks as backup.

Agree on the opening batsman. Stewart more suited to batting down the order, might just be the only negative I can find in this team

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Unless biased indian is going for a two spin combination, then no need for another spinner. Bishan Bedi is all class, can easily hold that role down. With Ian Chappell to bowl his much under-rated leg breaks as backup.

Agree on the opening batsman. Stewart more suited to batting down the order, might just be the only negative I can find in this team
That's true. I was actually thinking more of Walters medium pacers as the reason to go for a spinner and a pace bowler instead of 2 pace bowlers.

If it were me though I would be looking for a good quality spinner, one in the top 15 or so of all time, of course my questions to come probably wont allow this.

MUHAAHMUHAHAA..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results from 9c
Samuel_Vimes - Tich Freeman
Social - SN Banerjee
Noble One - Ken Eastwood
Biased Indian - Tom Emmett
Goughy - James Lillywhite Jnr
James W - Dave Houghton
fredfertang - George Challenor
Michaelf7777777 - J Southerton

Fail: Neil Pickup selected Tom Emmett but now has Bryce McGain.

Round 10 results
Accepted: Social, Goughy, James W and Neil Pickup!!
Failed: Samuel_Vimes - (Garry Sobers, too many draws) Noble One & Biased Indian (Shaun Pollock),
fredfertang & Michaelf7777777 (Wasim Akram)

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This means that poor Pickup has another player chosen for him. First player nominated twice is his again.

Banned Players
Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Lance Klusener, Alec Bedser, Clarrie Grimmett, Jim Laker, Trevor Bailey, Alf Valentine, Clyde Walcott, Colin Cowdrey, Rick McCosker, Sylvester Clarke, Malcolm Marshall, Frank Worrell, Archie Jackson, Ravi Shastri, Upul Chandana, Alan Connolly, Gordon Greenidge, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne, Bert Ironmonger, Peter Kirsten, Mike Proctor, Jimmy Cook, Garry Sobers and Shaun Pollock.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
This means that poor Pickup has another player chosen for him. First player nominated twice is his again.

Banned Players
Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Lance Klusener, Alec Bedser, Clarrie Grimmett, Jim Laker, Trevor Bailey, Alf Valentine, Clyde Walcott, Colin Cowdrey, Rick McCosker, Sylvester Clarke, Malcolm Marshall, Frank Worrell, Archie Jackson, Ravi Shastri, Upul Chandana, Alan Connolly, Gordon Greenidge, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne, Bert Ironmonger, Peter Kirsten, Mike Proctor, Jimmy Cook, Garry Sobers, Shaun Pollock, Wasim Akram.
wasim akram is already in social team :cool:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Question 11
My favourite Cricketer of all time is Mark Waugh so you are required to select someone who's stats are not as good as Waugh's in the following areas:
  • Lower Batting Average (number below 41.81)
  • Less Catches (below 181)
  • Higher bowling average (number above 41.16)
Please note that the person you are picking must have bowled a ball in Test Cricket, if he has 0 wickets he will be considered.

sheepdraft@hotmail.com