• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
NUFAN, did you mean someone else in that last post? I didn't pick Waqar. I'd take him in a heartbeat though.

I know it must be a bit frustrating having to wait for people to catch up and whatnot but I'm enjoying this alot, just want to thank you for the effort you're putting in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NUFAN, did you mean someone else in that last post? I didn't pick Waqar. I'd take him in a heartbeat though.
Oh no.. I hope I've not stuffed it up, I am fairly sure someone picked Waqar, I remember now that you picked someone else, if anyone reads this soon and they picked Waqar please say..

I was thinking about asking round 10s question as soon as I get home from work in like 9 long hours and then after the Origin match I'll work out the results.

Also thanks guys, glad you are enjoying it :)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Two good selections for my side in Rounds 7 and 8. Will raise the quality of my team.

Not sure if my Round 9B player will make it through. Some good players to choose from, but I am seeking to fill certain positions in my XI now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh no.. I hope I've not stuffed it up, I am fairly sure someone picked Waqar, I remember now that you picked someone else, if anyone reads this soon and they picked Waqar please say..

I was thinking about asking round 10s question as soon as I get home from work in like 9 long hours and then after the Origin match I'll work out the results.

Also thanks guys, glad you are enjoying it :)
Picked Waqar in 8a

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah that's right I just checked now, so that means Biased Indian still needed to re-pick.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results round 7
fredfertang - Godfey Evans
Noble One - Inzaman Ul Haq
Biased Indian - Ian Chappell
James W - Joel Garner
Social - Daniel Vettori
Goughy - Graham Thorpe
Michaelf7777777 - Bob Simpson
Samuel_Vimes - Gary Kirsten

Neil Pickup - FAILED with Mike Proctor

Results Round 8
fredfertang - Alvin Kallicharran
Noble One - Derek Underwood
Biased Indian - Bishan Bedi
James W - Muttiah Muralitharan
Social - Waqar Younis
Neil Pickup - Zaheer Khan
Goughy - Michael Atherton
Michaelf7777777 - Andrew Flintoff
Samuel_Vimes - Marvan Atapattu

Results Round 9b
Accepted: fredfertang Biased Indian James W Social Goughy Michaelf7777777 Samuel_Vimes
Failed: Noble One and Neil Pickup (both selected Jimmy Cook)

So for Pickup round 7, Proctor failed as he hasn't played over 50 Test Matches. This means that everyone in the comp who was accepted has the opportunity to select a player for him, first player who meets the criteria and is named twice is Pickups :)

Regarding round 9c, Noble One and Neil Pickup have a tad over 24 hours to select a cricketer who debuted at 35 or older.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round10
You are required to select a Cricketer who has captained in a minimum of 25 Test Matches, Any Captain who has had draws in over 50% of their matches is excluded.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I know it must be a pain but could we get an update on the selected and excluded players?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Noble One - Bill Lawry, Rodney Hogg, Warwick Armstrong, Ajay Jadeja, Ken Farnes, Jacques Kallis, Inzaman Ul Haq, Derek Underwood,

Michaelf7777777 - Martin Crowe, Narendra Hirwani, Courtney Walsh, Geoff Marsh, Ken Wadsworth, Viv Richards, Bob Simpson, Andrew Flintoff,

fredfertang - Garth McKenzie , Dilip Doshi, WG Grace, Micky Stewart, Ross Gregory, Chris Carins, Godfrey Evans, Alvin Kallicharran,

Neil Pickup - Andrew Jones, Jason Krejza, William Clarke, Ben Barnett, Collie Smith, Ian Botham, Alistair Campbell,, Zaheer Khan

Biased Indian - Doug Walters, Charlie Turner, Alec Stewart, Peter Burge, James Burke, Imran Khan, Ian Chappell, Bishan Bedi,

Samuel_Vimes - Keith Stackpole, Monty Noble, Craig Matthews, Asim Kamal, Amar Singh, Ricky Ponting, Gary Kirsten, Marvan Atapattu,

Social - Ian Redpath, Trevor Bailey, Cyril Washbrook, Jimmy Cook, Wally Grout, Wasim Akram, Daniel Vettori, Waqar Younis,

JamesW - Mohammed Azharrudin, Peter Pollock, Bob Cowper, SS Karim, Hansie Cronje, Adam Gilchrist, Joel Garner, Muttiah Muralitharan,

Goughy - Javagal Srinath, Bill Lockwood, Jack Cowie, Ali Bacher, Nawab of Pataudi, Matthew Hayden, Graham Thorpe, Michael Atherton,.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Banned Players
Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Lance Klusener, Alec Bedser, Clarrie Grimmett, Jim Laker, Trevor Bailey, Alf Valentine, Clyde Walcott, Colin Cowdrey, Rick McCosker, Sylvester Clarke, Malcolm Marshall, Frank Worrell, Archie Jackson, Ravi Shastri, Upul Chandana, Alan Connolly, Gordon Greenidge, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne, Bert Ironmonger, Peter Kirsten, Mike Proctor and Jimmy Cook.

biased indian

International Coach
****...for round 8

1) typed Mcgrath changed to Warne
21) typed Mcgrath changed to Waqar
3) typed Mcgrath changed to Bedi

and no one selected him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Alistair Campbell has been added to pickup who will need Botham to perform with both bat and ball!

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Sent.

Question 9 killed me. Seeking a certain style of player. Pretty sure I'm a guarantee to have my 3rd attempt accepted.

Question 10 had plenty of quality cricketers to choose from. Had to pass on some quality players seeking team balance.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Was seriously thinking about having a round where you pick one of the banned players but I dunno about that now..

Any suggestions for the penultimate round 11??

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was seriously thinking about having a round where you pick one of the banned players but I dunno about that now..

Any suggestions for the penultimate round 11??
I think you should keep doing it without suggestions. You have done a great job so far. :)