|19-06-2009, 06:36 AM||#31 (permalink)|
Hall of Fame Member
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Columbus, IN
I believe this could be the XI for the first match:
Ideally I would like to see Ishant rested too.. Maybe a Dhawal Kulkarni could have gone instead.. Or even Sreesanth.
Depending on form and fitness of others, esp. Yuvi, maybe even Badri can come in for a game for him and Jadeja in place of Nayyar...
We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.
Check out this awesome e-fed:
|19-06-2009, 09:04 AM||#35 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Sabina is not easy to bat on, and can offer assistance to both bowlers and batsmen. However, on the first day (the first match), it will probably be good for batting. The second match should offer more for the bowlers.
Beausejour should be better for more fluent strokeplay.
|19-06-2009, 09:14 AM||#36 (permalink)|
Cricketer Of The Year
Join Date: Jan 2007
|19-06-2009, 09:20 AM||#37 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2009
However, it was a good move by India to travel to Jamaica. I understand they arrived in Jamaica yesterday!
It will take the WI players some time to get re-acclimatised to the Caribbean wickets again, so I'm expecting an interesting series....
|19-06-2009, 03:44 PM||#39 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2006
My Windies XI (plus reserves) for this series:
Dwayne Bravo (VC)
Denesh Ramdin (C, WK)
David Bernard Jr
- Chris Gayle may miss this series to have ankle surgery to make sure he is fit in time for the tour of Australia.
- I wouldn't take any chances with Fidel Edwards either if he is having back spasms. This is a pretty unimportant series and he is too important to risk.
- Nelon Pascal is an interesting pace option against an Indian lineup that looked highly uncomfortable against pace in the 20/20 tournament.
- Imran Khan is a bit of a wildcard but he is a quickish leg spinner who can give the ball a good thump with the bat.
- Kieron Powell is our best alternative to Gayle when it comes to having a power player at the top of the order IMHO.
- It is time we have a proper batsman coming in at 6 instead of a hit and miss candidate like Pollard. Darren Bravo can attack just as well as Pollard but he is also capable of playing to the situation.
|19-06-2009, 05:52 PM||#40 (permalink)|
Cricket Web Content Updater
Join Date: Apr 2004
Could see a few new faces for the West Indies with the Tests against Bangladesh after and the Champions Trophy.
Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
"One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
Member of Cricket Web Green
Member of Northside Power
R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi
|19-06-2009, 06:32 PM||#42 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Fastest gun in town
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|West Indies in RSA||TT Boy||Cricket Chat||10||10-10-2008 08:14 PM|
|India v West Indies||James||Fantasy Cricket||5||31-01-2007 06:42 AM|