• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is test cricket dying?

There is a lack of a proper system which the viewers can understand

The ranking system is not very clear or interesting

The overall international test calender sucks

slowfinger

International Debutant
1. no

2. no

3. because tickets sales are such a small part of the income now generated by cricket, which relies much more on TV revenue. I think they should be free or at least very cheap, say $5.00.

In England where they sell out most Test matches then it should be a much higher cost
It is a much higher cost, like an Ashes match is 50£ cheapest

Who was playing test cricket in 1810?
The first officially recognised test match commenced on 15 March 1877, contested by England and Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), where Australia won by 45 runs. England won the second ever match (also at the MCG) by four wickets, thus drawing the series 1–1.[4] This was not the first ever international cricket match however, which was played between Canada and the United States, on 24 and 25 of September 1844.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fascinating stuff, I never knew that. Interesting that 1877 was at least 200 years ago, my maths must've taken a dive for the worst lately.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
2010-1877=133 years

sorry i knew 2010 - 1800 = 210 years

sorry for that

Not good enough, Bruce. I've set high standards for you, and these kinds of slip-ups aren't going to look good when we put you up as a candidate for the ICC presidency.