• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future Champions of Test Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.hinton

International Captain
masterblaster said:
Well, who knows what will happen in the future.
I could rant on and on about India's talent

Virender Sehwag - One of the best young ODI openers in the world, and will only get better in the next 15 years of his career.

Mohammad Kaif - Future India Captain in my books, one of the most athletic and gifted sportsmen in India, solid batting technique.

Yuvraj Singh - Same as Kaif, cool and calm in a crisis, fielding is reminiscent of Jonty Rhodes

Ambati Rayadu - Only 17, FC average of about 60, totally smashed some of the young English bowlers (which you claim to be the future) on their U-19 tour

Gautam Gambhir - Incredibly stylish and aggressive left hand opening batsman for India, already scored 260 odd for India A against a strong Zimbabwean Bowling attack

Zaheer Khan - One of the best young left arm fast bowlers in the world today, and is getting better and faster each day

Ashish Nehra - Swing's the ball a mile, pacy and fiery, and improving leaps and bounds

Amit Mishra - A leg spinner with Shane Warne's action, taking heaps of wickets in the Ranji Trophy and For India A

Aavishkar Salvi - Quick, Has an action like Glenn McGrath, averages 18 with the ball in the dusty, dead pitches of India. Can generate bounce and seam off the dustiest and lifeless pitches.

Harbhajan Singh - Only 22, and recognised as a World Class Off Spinner, has atleast 12-15 years of his career left.

Look how many classy young players we have!

We Could be the future champions too

But somehow I dont see India or England being champions for that matter. But the gap will be closed or significantly shorter between Australia and the other nations, than it is now.

How about Arif Sunasara

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mumbai slow left-armer. Eleven days younger than me...

Never played First Class. Hence can't comment.

Well, my take on this is one of surprise. Reading so far into the future is incredibly dangerous and open to so many other factors that a prediction that England will be the best in the world soon is, well, a surprise :P

Australia - Their one possible danger is ageing.
New Zealand - Accusatory finger pointed at selectors
South Africa - this is one of the worst SA sides in some time (obviously there are mitigating factors in this statement) ;)
West Indies - have some excellent young players are are going forwards
India - Can be brilliant, but still to find consistency (esp Tests) away from home. This winter in Aus will show so much.
Pakistan - Too early to tell yet what the new generation can do
Sri Lanka - Going downwards
Zimbabwe - Faster
Bangladesh - are Bangladesh

And Ashley Noffke is not better than James Anderson.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Shawn Badyk said:
Michael Clarke is the ONLY good young batsman that Australia has, none of the others are worth talking about.

Ashley Nofke is good, but will never be able to replace Glenn McGrath.

Nathan Hauritz is mediocre at best, Nathan Bracken is ok, Brad Williams is mediocre and all the others are hopeless. I know as I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and watch them play at the Gabba every year.

Eh?? Is this an aussie without faith???

Noffke took wickets like anything in the championship, Lee is still young.. What about Cameron White??

Clarke is very good, im not an expert on Aus, but at the moment they have soo many awesome batsmen waiting in the wings, they will be alright...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Eh?? Is this an aussie without faith???

Noffke took wickets like anything in the championship, Lee is still young.. What about Cameron White??

Clarke is very good, im not an expert on Aus, but at the moment they have soo many awesome batsmen waiting in the wings, they will be alright...
Point 1 - nope. He's a delusional Pom who the Aussies tolerate for a laugh.

Point 2 - agreed.

Point 3 - I thought you meant Rikki for a minute.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
I reckon Australia has set itself up pretty well for the future. We have an old test team, but i'm not too worried about that.

You can look at two categories, the current guys coming through which every knows about - Noffke, Clarke, Bracken, Hauritz, Watson, Haddin, Clingeleffer and co.

But a few other guys already making an impact, that you'd wanna keep your eyes pealed for are Marcus North (he is a gun), Shaun Marsh and Paul Rofe.

And than there are a few of the under 20 guys making there way through the grades;

From outside of NSW there is Scott Brant (left arm quicky...how he's going in county cricket this year??), Cameron Ferguson (top order batsmen) and Mark Cosgrove (he looks to be every bit of a champ).

There are some others, but i'm limited in my knowledge on them. From NSW though, there are some very good cricketers coming through. They recently announced their NSW developement squad for this season, and It wouldn't suprise if this was one of the strong developement squads from any FC team in the world.

Can't remember the lnk to it, but it's on the main page of the web-site. I have played against quite a few names on that list - the best is easily Greg Hunt. He is the best batsmen i've ever played again. Whilst keep eyes out in the future for Michael Bright, Mark Farady, Aaron Bird (super quick), Ed Cowan and Aaron O'Brien.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Tamara said:
I think that James Anderson is a great bowler. Really impressed with him.

yep, he is by far the most talented Pommy bowler I've seen.

I don't parituclarly rate Harmison (but he could be very good with proper coaching), and Jones wasn't that great from my limited viewing of him, and don't get me started on James kirtley.

But James Anderson, along with Matt Hoggard, could post a fairly dangerous opening bowling attack in years to come.

luckyeddie is an idiot

luckyeddie you are an idiot and nothing else. You obviously know nothing about cricket NOTHING at all, you don't know the technical side of the game and how it is played. Therefore, don't call me delusional because I play cricket, I know all the technical aspects of the game and I know more about the game than anyone else on this board does. The majority of Austrailans on this board know nothing about cricket and they are delusional, they never state anything that is true they just state crap. You don't even know how a bowler gets a ball to swing, you don't know what the ideal line and length for a seamer is, you do not know how a batsman should move his feet at the crease before he plays at the ball, you know nothing at all. I know everything about cricket and I know how the game is played like no one else here does therefore I know what a good player is and who has a future, I know that the young Australians are not talented enough and aren't good enough, in fact all the Australians here along with you say how good they are but you never prove it. I am not English by the way, I am Australian. I do support England though. I think I know more about Austrailan cricket than you do as I live in Australia and watch the Pura Cup and ING Cup at the Gabba, I know what the young talent is like and their potential and I know they aren't half as good as all the Australians here say they are. The fact is an Australian just has to score a century in Pura Cup and all the Australians say he is going to be the next Steve Waugh and better than Tendulkar. The fact is Australians do not have to prove themselves to get respected, they just have to show a good showing at Pura Cup level and they are considered champions. When an Englishman does well, no one respects him and gives him credit, they say it was a fluke. The fact is, the Australians here are delusional, they know nothing about the game of cricket, and I laugh at them because they know so little about the game. luckyeddie, you're a disgrace to England, you are a traitor and you are a fool. Australians and Indians are perhaps the dumbest cricketing fans in the world, they know absolutely nothing about the game. When I say India are hopeless in Test cricket all Indians I speak to say; 'but we made World Cup final so that makes us good" now the world cup is ODI so obviously Indians are so dumb they don't know that Test cricket and ODI are different and require different skills, so why should anyone listen to what an Indian cricket fan has to say? Indians are always saying that England are crap, but England has won 2 Test series outside of England since 2000 and India hasn't won a Test series outside fo India in 17 years. England has won 3 Test matches in Australia since 1994 and India hasn't won a Test match in Australia in decades. England drew a Test series in New Zealand in 2000 and India got thrashed there this year. England won a Test match in South Africa in 1999, only Australia and England can win a Test match in South Africa want proof go to the ICC site and look at the Test match section. England won a Test series against South Africa in 1998. Therefore anyone who says that England is **** is an idiot who knows nothing about the game, and Indians know nothing about cricket, that is why they cannot bat on any pitches that are quick, have inconsistent bounce or speed and cracks and that is why they can only play in India, they are just hopeless, they have over 1,000,000,000 and they are still crap and Indians are just so arrogant, they think they are good but in reality they live in a nation that everyone is glad they don't live in. Australians are just idiots too, they always make fun of England but never say anthing about India, they are just racist and bad sports, they are not sporting people they are just arrogant, ignorant fools who want to boast about their nations success. I know that all the Australians here would not even admit that England has been better than Australia in rugby union since 2001. I talk to Australia and say England are best in rugby union and the dumb Australians say; "no you aren't we are". England just THRASHED Australia in Australia, has beaten Australia in England in 2000, 2001 and 2002 and Austalia hasn't won since 1999 yet Australians are too racist to just admit that England are better than Australia are. England also beat New Zealand in 2002 in England and in New Zealand in 2003. Now, New Zealand are 2nd best in rugby union, and they are the only team that can beat England at the moment. Australia are a team full of ageing players that will not be replaced as the national player base is so poor that they have to buy rugby league players. By the way, Jonah Lomu and about 5 other New Zealand All Black players were born and lived in Tonga and Western Somoa, therefore that means New Zealand are cheats as they are using talent from other nations, therefore I don't consider New Zealand to be good because they are using other nations players to succeed. Australia are just the same and have many players in their team from other nations. Jonah Lomu is from Tonga and without him New Zealand would never have been so great, and Umanga is from Somoa as well. Kefu is from Tonga, Noriega is from Argentina and that means Australia and New Zealand are cheats. Everyone who plays for England is from England, therefore that makes England the only legitimate champions over the last 10 years. The fact is when Australia and New Zealand lack talent, they just get it from elsewhere and hide the truth. Australians are delusional, I just proved that. Now some Australians are ok and aren't delusional, but I haven't come across too many of them. Indians are just pathetic, some are ok but the majority of them are ****en pathetic.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay, I just can't shake the thought that Shaun is really yanking our chains a bit here with his over-the-top response but in case he's somewhere near serious;

Shaun, you better grow up REAL fast or you'll be out the door. You've not only broken a few forum rules with a single post but in fact with your comments, you've shown yourself to be just as much a bigot as those who you call racist. Cases in point:

luckyeddie you are an idiot and nothing else.
Australians and Indians are perhaps the dumbest cricketing fans in the world, they know absolutely nothing about the game.
so obviously Indians are so dumb they don't know that Test cricket and ODI are different and require different skills,
Therefore anyone who says that England is **** is an idiot who knows nothing about the game,
Australians are just idiots too, they always make fun of England but never say anthing about India, they are just racist and bad sports, they are not sporting people they are just arrogant, ignorant fools who want to boast about their nations success.
Indians are just pathetic, some are ok but the majority of them are ****en pathetic.
And these aren't even taking into account the too numerous-to-mention generalisations I've read. Now, you either lose the 'tude or begone. It's that simple.

For now, this thread is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.