Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CMJ's top 100

We have an official thread for Warne/Murali debates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Still waiting for an explanation on Warne's bowling style, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

but murli chucks?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post
    Much, much, much bigger difference. Plus Australian pitches have been hell to off-spiners over the course of Murali's career and probably before that.
    So what bowler is Warne again?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus0723 View Post
    but murli chucks?
    Yeah, he bends it 30 degrees.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

indians loved to play warne anywhere anytime. and they hated facing murali anywhere anytime in any form of the game.

ps: i am a warne fan by the way and i am not too comfortable with murali's bowling action. still i dont like it when people twist stats and make it look like one is better than the other, especially when murali comes on top in every angle and they still run him down.

as for the thread's main point i love the fact that CMJ has rated murali at 13. it is a fantastic honor for a fantastic champion. how come a kumble doesnt deserve a spot in top 100 but martin donnely (whoever it is) gets in, that too ahead of rahul dravid, is beyond me, though.

Hmmm, don't know if the Indians "hated" facing Murali, he still hasn't got the greatest record against them. Still much better than Warne's, obviously.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    That's why I asked only to use games against India and Pakistan (who are actually mediocre against spin). And poke your memory that Warne never ripped through an Indian batting line up, where as Murali has done it two or three times.
    Warne's record against India in Australia isn't as bad as Murali's record against Australia in Australia. I say that, because it was probably as equally difficult for Murali to bowl to Australia in Australia as what it was for Warne to bowl to India in Australia. Warne faced India in Australia on debut aswell, which wouldn't of helped his cause.

State Captain
    Is this wfdu_ben91 guy like the forum idiot or something??

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdu_ben91 View Post
    Warne's record against India in Australia isn't as bad as Murali's record against Australia in Australia. I say that, because it was probably as equally difficult for Murali to bowl to Australia in Australia as what it was for Warne to bowl to India in Australia. Warne faced India in Australia on debut aswell, which wouldn't of helped his cause.
    But Australia was where Warne learnt his tricks. So he is expected to do well. This comparison is one of the worst I have ever seen.

You compare Warne at home against India vs Murali away vs Australia. Nice logic.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    But Australia was where Warne learnt his tricks. So he is expected to do well. This comparison is one of the worst I have ever seen.

You compare Warne at home against India vs Murali away vs Australia. Nice logic.
    And that is one of the most illogical responses that I have ever seen. It's nothing worse then comparing Warne & Murali in the subcontient against India & Pakistan, despite the fact that Murali learnt his tricks in Sri Lanka (which is in the subcontient), which is what I was responding to.

Please can Murali v Warne bickerings be kept to the relevant thread? If I read another post on this most tedious of topics I will be tempted to take my own eyes out with a rusty power drill just to ease the boredom.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    Is this wfdu_ben91 guy like the forum idiot or something??
    The new KaZoH0lic more like.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The new KaZoH0lic more like.
    Ben is not a total idiot, tbf, just been dragged into a few unfortunate debates.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

how did CMJ miss out on hayden, crowe and kumble? i dont get it. anyone want to try to explain why these guys and i.chappell, de silva, garner, roberts and sehwag are not good enough to be in the top 100 cricketers of all time. and who the hell is donnelly?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information