Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England Are 2nd Best In Test Cricket

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I dont believe that Laxman's innings was 'luck'. It was an absolutely chance less innings with the Australian bowlers utterly resigned and helpless to stop the rampage.

Okay, India hasnt won a test match outside the subcontinent in a long time. But i see a different team, a different lineup from what he had before. In 17 years, the same players dont play. The team changes, and its only time before this drought is broken.

And Dravid has proved time and time again he is one of the best bats in the business. An average of 53 doesnt say that you are a mediocre player.

India are hopeless?

A team that gets to the World Cup final, brimming with such talent aren't hopeless. They may not be as strong as Australia, but even the most devout English supporter will tell you, they are a better outfit than England at the moment.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Banned

India

India are very good in ODI, I never said they weren't. But India are HOPELESS in Test cricket. And an Indian who had half a brain would say that England are a billion times better than India in Test cricket, if you want proof compare the results of the two teams over the past 2 decades. England are improving in ODI as well, England are fielding a very young team who has beaten South Africa twice in 3 matches, beat Pakistan twice in 3 matches all in the one summer and comprehensively thrashed South Africa in 2 of those matches and South Africa don't get thrashed in ODI very often, not even by Australia. England are really improving in ODI big time and will be better than India soon. If England win the final on Saturday they are ranked 3rd in ODI. Beating Pakistan and South Africa is something to be proud of they are the only 2 teams who have won an ODI series in Australia within the last 3 years. Laxman is hopeless, he got a pair in New Zealand, he hasn't produced anything since his magical innings against Australia. Dravid is a fine batsman, and he has no one to play with him. The day India put up a fight against Australia in Australia is the day I wake up with a clitoris and a Bartholens' Gland.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Shawnboy: Sure South Africa has beaten everyone else, but everyone else is ****, and India is **** as they haven't won a Test series outside of India in over 17 years and a victory over India is about as impressive as a victory over Zimbabwe.
    A LOAD OF CRAP.

You mean to say that defeating India in India is as good as beating Zimbabwe?

Is that why India has lost just 1 series at home( and a 2 test series at that) in the last 17 years?

Going by that logic Zimbawe must be the most feared team in world cricket now!:rolleyes:
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Hexxagon Champion!
    And what did you mean by saying that Laxman's innings was 'luck'?
    Stop parroting that england defeated aus in a test last time in aus.....that match was riddled with innumerable dropped catches by the tired australians.......Laxman's and dravid's innings' were almost chanceless in comparison.

Netblazer3D Champion!

Re: India

Originally posted by Shawn Badyk
    The day India put up a fight against Australia in Australia is the day I wake up with a clitoris and a Bartholens' Gland.
    I'll remember this remark.

Hexxagon Champion!
    How do I apply to join the AAAS?

Netblazer3D Champion!
    Just write 'Member of AAAS' on your signature. We're accepting members all the time. Or better yet talk to Marc on these forums!

From me, its Welcome to AAAS!

State Vice-Captain
    Laxman is hopeless, he got a pair in New Zealand
    he isn't the first great batsman to get a pair and he certainly won't be the last.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tim
    Admittedly he's right about the test series wins in Pakistan & Sri Lanka..at that point of time those 2 wins were very good.

However with Pakistan & Sri Lanka in their current shape i'd suggest that they'd be more vunerable at home at the moment.
    But we beat them when they were hard sides to beat?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Originally posted by age_master

ok, get over chris read, do not compare him to gilchrist, they just are not in the same league
    With Gloves or with bat?

Originally posted by masterblaster
    South Africa are the better team:

They have beaten India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka away, whereas England lost to India in India.
    If we use that argument, surely SA are the best, since Aus lost in India?

Originally posted by masterblaster

A team that gets to the World Cup final, brimming with such talent aren't hopeless. They may not be as strong as Australia, but even the most devout English supporter will tell you, they are a better outfit than England at the moment.
    In ODI's yes, but in Tests I'd say it's very even indeed. Too close to call.

Originally posted by orangepitch

Stop parroting that england defeated aus in a test last time in aus.....that match was riddled with innumerable dropped catches by the tired australians.......
    England's players were just as tired.

Originally posted by orangepitch
    How do I apply to join the AAAS?

Looks like you already have!

Welcome orangepitch!

I don't think it's fair to say England are second in the world right now.

I'll take Neil's rankings which place us fourth just behind New Zealand, with the first two being obvious. As for ODIs, I think there are about five teams all very even after the big two, but we've done ok this summer (mostly on the back of our bowling because only one batsman has really fired... well Flintoff's done ok I suppose).
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information