• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A vs pakistan A

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hafeez to lead Pakistan A in Australia | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Pakistan A squad: Mohammad Hafeez (capt), Khalid Latif, Azhar Ali, Azeem Ghumman, Sheharyar Ghani, Umar Amin, Umar Akmal, Fahad Iqbal, Mohammad Talha, Wahab Riaz, Naveed Arif, Fahad Masood, Abdul Rehman, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk)
Aamir, Shezad, Khurram Manzoor and Fawad Alam not getting selected probably means they are going to SL. Not a bad team bit dissipointed at the lack of Mohd Naveed.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
khurram manzoor is nothing, can't play at international level
He tries to copy Kevin Pietersen, He copies it well except can't copy his batting

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't really understand the Fawad hate. It wasn't that long ago there were people on this forum who suggested Malik was "scared" of him taking his position and hence deliberately using him incorrectly when he was captain!

His First Class record is ridiculously awesome and, while he's barely played any international cricket, what he's done has actually been impressive.

I haven't seen much of him of all, but he really deserves a go based on his numbers alone IMO.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Whats up to Mansoor Amjad these days & Salman Qadir - remember him starring in a Under-19 WC couple tournament in 2004 i think.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Whats up to Mansoor Amjad these days & Salman Qadir - remember him starring in a Under-19 WC couple tournament in 2004 i think.
Both got a decent run in A sides after their U19 slint. But never really took their game to another level. Looks like they got replaced by guys from the last U19 squads. Your 23 (if that how old they really are) and past it effectively.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Don't really understand the Fawad hate. It wasn't that long ago there were people on this forum who suggested Malik was "scared" of him taking his position and hence deliberately using him incorrectly when he was captain!

His First Class record is ridiculously awesome and, while he's barely played any international cricket, what he's done has actually been impressive.

I haven't seen much of him of all, but he really deserves a go based on his numbers alone IMO.
Just visit Pakistani cricket forums you will see the huge support Fawad has, Fawad has been mistreated by the management he has the best batting avg in history of Pakistan FC cricket and yet he gets labeled unfairly as an all round when in reality he can just roll his arm over. Don't thing he is a massive talent but he is one of those nuggety bloke who have great heart and will perform above themselves.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mansoor Amjad injured his hand and stopped bowling nowdays he is moulding himself in to a Shoaib Malik type cricketer. Salman Qadir suddenly developed allergy to leather thus stopped playing cricket apparently the youngest Qadir is coming up nicely as he is getting regular training from his dad and sometimes from Warney he is just 15 though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
My extensive look on the selection.

One of Ahmed Shezad, Nasir Jamshed or Khurram Manzoor should have been selected since all 3 will not be going to SL unless they are planning on dropping the useless Butt. Jamshed would have been my pick over Khalid Latif aka leg side slogger since I feel he has the game to succeed in Australia.

Saeed bin Nasir mistreating continues, the guy keeps on piling runs year after year but continues to be ignored over less deserving talents like Fahad Iqbal who I believe is even worse batsman then his brother Faisal.

Sohail Khan fall continues not long ago he was being tipped as being the next big thing but one bad (OK! shocking) performance later he seems to have fallen behind the likes of Aamir, Talha, Wahab Riaz.In this side he should have been accommodated over Fahad Masood who is a pretty poor bowler from what I have seen.

Selection of Rehman shows there is no young spinner coming up which is sad to see, nothing against Rehman though feels he was unfairly treated after two good performances against SA and deserves his selection.

Azeem Ghummon, Sheryar, Umer Amin, Talha, Wahab Riaz, Sarfraz Ahmed, Azhar Ali are the guys who will be looked closely as good performance from them will augur well for future of Pakistan cricket.

This side will compete hard but I feel in the end the difference in class will prove too much for them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just visit Pakistani cricket forums you will see the huge support Fawad has, Fawad has been mistreated by the management he has the best batting avg in history of Pakistan FC cricket and yet he gets labeled unfairly as an all round when in reality he can just roll his arm over. Don't thing he is a massive talent but he is one of those nuggety bloke who have great heart and will perform above themselves.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought was the case, which is why I was surprised by all the negative posts about him on CricketWeb lately. Although I'm pretty sure they've all been coming from one poster who happened to see him play a slow "match-losing" Twenty20 innings or something and decided he was crap based on that.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
He plays for himself, can't hit a ball
he can't bowl
can u imagine him Facing brett lee????
or the south african bowlers???

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
My extensive look on the selection.

One of Ahmed Shezad, Nasir Jamshed or Khurram Manzoor should have been selected since all 3 will not be going to SL unless they are planning on dropping the useless Butt. Jamshed would have been my pick over Khalid Latif aka leg side slogger since I feel he has the game to succeed in Australia.

Saeed bin Nasir mistreating continues, the guy keeps on piling runs year after year but continues to be ignored over less deserving talents like Fahad Iqbal who I believe is even worse batsman then his brother Faisal.

Sohail Khan fall continues not long ago he was being tipped as being the next big thing but one bad (OK! shocking) performance later he seems to have fallen behind the likes of Aamir, Talha, Wahab Riaz.In this side he should have been accommodated over Fahad Masood who is a pretty poor bowler from what I have seen.

Selection of Rehman shows there is no young spinner coming up which is sad to see, nothing against Rehman though feels he was unfairly treated after two good performances against SA and deserves his selection.

Azeem Ghummon, Sheryar, Umer Amin, Talha, Wahab Riaz, Sarfraz Ahmed, Azhar Ali are the guys who will be looked closely as good performance from them will augur well for future of Pakistan cricket.

This side will compete hard but I feel in the end the difference in class will prove too much for them.
i only will say, Selectors should pick players who can play, they shouldn't pick players from their cities

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Just wondering how many of thet aussie squad will be fit.
Problem picking an aussie squad lately 3/4 players always under question for fitness.
Hafeez to lead a young side huh,major ag difference,looks like an under 20 squad.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I would prefer if Aamir and Shezad are part of this tour both have potential but are no way near the finished products.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I would prefer if Aamir and Shezad are part of this tour both have potential but are no way near the finished products.
But Pak are touring Sri Lanka and need seamers for the test series. Gul aside there isn't much else. Arafat is injured, Tanvir is a novelty worked out, Khan/Talha (need to be) working on their actions, Anjum has already toured there and done nothing and Shoaib has a dirty ****.