• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Fanzine

BowlingSnakes

Cricket Spectator
Bored with the staid coverage of our summer game in The Cricketer and WCM? Fancy having a laugh at the cricketing establishment and at the same time reading the views of everyday cricket fans on issues affecting our game?

Then get yourself a copy of They’re Bowling Snakes, a brand new fanzine dedicated to English cricket. Written by cricket fans for cricket fans, Issue 1 was launched a couple of weeks ago. Some of the highlights are featured below:

 Richard Johnson wins the inaugural Slogger of the Month award
 Zimbabwe tour protests
 Channel 4’s cricket coverage: are standards slipping?
 The Dermot Reeve Story (Part One, the Bear Boy of Hong Kong)
 Twenty20: How Was It For You?
 Willis & Botham: Better Than The Monkey At Selling Digital TV?
 Yorkshire’s reaction to the Lehman incident

Oh and plenty of Shane Warne gags.

Fancy getting hold of an alternative view of English cricket? Contact us at bowlingsnakes@blueyonder.co.uk and we’ll sort you out.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pile of rubbish. Not a duck in sight.

Cheeky git - registering just to advertise something. Snake is right.

Rich2001

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Pile of rubbish. Not a duck in sight.

Cheeky git - registering just to advertise something. Snake is right.
LOL Eddie - Cricket Web actually allow a person site to advertsie once, and once only... then any additional adverts are removed.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
LOL Eddie - Cricket Web actually allow a person site to advertsie once, and once only... then any additional adverts are removed.
He's forgiven - once, and once only. I presume that they are carrying a full-page Cricket Web advert in their next issue?

BowlingSnakes

Cricket Spectator
Oops - apologies for any upset caused. Wouldn't exactly call it advertising, just the small group of us who put it together trying to get the name around a bit. If you fancy a review copy then just send me a pm.

Rich2001

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
He's forgiven - once, and once only. I presume that they are carrying a full-page Cricket Web advert in their next issue?
LOL I think that's only fair ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BowlingSnakes said:
Oops - apologies for any upset caused. Wouldn't exactly call it advertising, just the small group of us who put it together trying to get the name around a bit. If you fancy a review copy then just send me a pm.
Careful... you'll not get on the duck's good side with grovelling apologies. The occasional bag of breadcrumbs or a nice pretty mallard just might do it, though.

BowlingSnakes

Cricket Spectator
I asked a scientist and he said

"Please do not give wild ducks any extra food, it can cause them to congregate in one place where serious diseases like avian botulism and others are easily transferred through droppings, which has happened several times the past few winters in northern Illinois, causing large die-offs. It also causes the birds to become dependent on human handouts and lose all their wild character, and perhaps suffer needlessly if you or someone else
is NOT there to feed them in severe weather.

:O :O :O

Rich2001

International Captain
BowlingSnakes said:
I asked a scientist and he said

"Please do not give wild ducks any extra food, it can cause them to congregate in one place where serious diseases like avian botulism and others are easily transferred through droppings, which has happened several times the past few winters in northern Illinois, causing large die-offs. It also causes the birds to become dependent on human handouts and lose all their wild character, and perhaps suffer needlessly if you or someone else
is NOT there to feed them in severe weather.

:O :O :O
A fellow duck enthusiast :lol:

I wonder if you've confused the hell out of the poor guy yet :saint:

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
A fellow duck enthusiast :lol:

I wonder if you've confused the hell out of the poor guy yet :saint:
I surely must have if he thinks that a few handouts will cause THIS duck to lose its wild character.

In severe weather, DD is not likely to make humans suffer needlessly either. The weather has nothing to do with it.

Oh yes. And if breadcrumbs are off the menu, WHERE'S MY MALLARD?

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My review copy of the magazine arrived this morning - thanks.

My first thoughts are that it's not bad at all - certainly a refreshing change from the staid, stodgy, predictable establishment fare we are used to.