Thread: Thoughts on this T20 Proposal

Thoughts on this T20 Proposal

I wonder how long it would take to introduce a baseball style T20 World Series and unlimited extra innings for a result. With normal games lasting 3 hours max, qualified teams ought to play best of 7 games against one another, home and away, with the higher ranked team having home field advantage. Just have test cricket tours and T20 World Series all year round. That's the future.
    Took this from a Bangladesh Cricket Forum, He calls for the extinction of ODI's tho

An American Style Playoff System?

Best of 7 Series, 1st to 4 wins Advances to the next round and you could hold it over the course of an entire year. For Arguments Sake we Take 16 Teams which would give the Associates some experience, the results maybe one sided but It help the game grow IMO. Or You Could do Just the Top 8 but I feel Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't push overs in this format.

It could work, but what cricket would those knocked out in the first round play during the rest of the year?

The calander is already congested and it is tough to leave gaps that may never be used and losing in the first round would cost a board a fortune.

Also, cricket is global and has different climates. It would be hard to play the series at the same time or to schedule a final.

An England vs Ireland final scheduled for November would be interesting.

Its quite a nice idea but the logistics would need working out.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cricman View Post
    Took this from a Bangladesh Cricket Forum, He calls for the extinction of ODI's tho

An American Style Playoff System?

Best of 7 Series, 1st to 4 wins Advances to the next round and you could hold it over the course of an entire year. For Arguments Sake we Take 16 Teams which would give the Associates some experience, the results maybe one sided but It help the game grow IMO. Or You Could do Just the Top 8 but I feel Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't push overs in this format.
    I've got an idea why don't we just stick to what we have, no more 20/20 cricket.

Thread Information