• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thoughts on this T20 Proposal

cricman

International 12th Man
I wonder how long it would take to introduce a baseball style T20 World Series and unlimited extra innings for a result. With normal games lasting 3 hours max, qualified teams ought to play best of 7 games against one another, home and away, with the higher ranked team having home field advantage. Just have test cricket tours and T20 World Series all year round. That's the future.
Took this from a Bangladesh Cricket Forum, He calls for the extinction of ODI's tho

An American Style Playoff System?

Best of 7 Series, 1st to 4 wins Advances to the next round and you could hold it over the course of an entire year. For Arguments Sake we Take 16 Teams which would give the Associates some experience, the results maybe one sided but It help the game grow IMO. Or You Could do Just the Top 8 but I feel Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't push overs in this format.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It could work, but what cricket would those knocked out in the first round play during the rest of the year?

The calander is already congested and it is tough to leave gaps that may never be used and losing in the first round would cost a board a fortune.

Also, cricket is global and has different climates. It would be hard to play the series at the same time or to schedule a final.

An England vs Ireland final scheduled for November would be interesting. :)

Its quite a nice idea but the logistics would need working out.

Howsie

International Captain
Took this from a Bangladesh Cricket Forum, He calls for the extinction of ODI's tho

An American Style Playoff System?

Best of 7 Series, 1st to 4 wins Advances to the next round and you could hold it over the course of an entire year. For Arguments Sake we Take 16 Teams which would give the Associates some experience, the results maybe one sided but It help the game grow IMO. Or You Could do Just the Top 8 but I feel Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't push overs in this format.
I've got an idea why don't we just stick to what we have, no more 20/20 cricket.