Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaun tait to go english

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    TBH the bigger issue is playing for Aus in England. Definitely is rough that he was being told to get ready to play over there and then losing his contract. The decision to not let him play IPL was proper, especially if the selectors had intentions of him easing his way back for a tilt at England. Now it's all confused; is he a wanted player for England or not?
    I don't think it's confused. Warner's in the T20 WC squad and he doesn't have a contract. The selector guy made it quite clear players without contracts can be picked, so if Tait gets fit, bowls well in the Aus A series / county matches then he could still play in the ODIs in England, they're not until September.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Gayle's found himself a fan, anyway:

"Tait said he could not disagree with Gayle's statement as his playing future seems closely tied to the shorter forms of the game.

"It's a pretty big call coming from a Test captain, pretty amusing really, but I think he's probably spot-on," Tait said."

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    So can Tait get on the next flight and play IPL now or has his contract not yet run out?
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Gayle's found himself a fan, anyway:

"Tait said he could not disagree with Gayle's statement as his playing future seems closely tied to the shorter forms of the game.

"It's a pretty big call coming from a Test captain, pretty amusing really, but I think he's probably spot-on," Tait said."
    "Twenty20 is better than Tests" to become new catchphrase for cricketer who has spur-of-the-moment annoyance.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    White got one. What did he do to deserve it? He didn't score many runs against NZ or SA, bowled fewer overs than part-timers and was dropped with no sign of being picked again any time soon.

Don't H8 the Tait.

Don't disagree with the latter but it is a little weird that a player being asked to prepare for an international tournament isn't supported by a contract.
    Well, White was available and not injured so I'd say that's a good start

I agree it's strange he's in there too, he doesn't seem to provide a lot to the team. But I wouldn't have Tait in there for him either. Given Tait's action requires him to do a lot of bowling for him to achieve a little bit of consistency, and every time he does a lot of bowling he breaks down it seems, I think the decision is a good one.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeW View Post
    Just read the article and there was no mention of him considering playing for the poms...
    There kinda was, tbf:

sources close to him said he was deeply disappointed and exploring a variety options to re-start his career. He had expressed a desire to come back for the latter stages of the IPL and has even discussed using his father's English heritage to secure a position in county cricket.

---

If he were to play in the county championship as a non-overseas player he's a de facto Pom, even if we can't call him up for 4 years after his last appearance for Australia.

In practice, of course, the chances of him playing for us are zero.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    May as well play for NZ.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I can understand Tait's frustration with missing out on IPL money and then a CA contract. I would probably feel the same.

However, it is more annoying than wrong. The facts are that he was under contract and that contract was not renewed.
    Not very fair though. If they're not going to pick him again, why wouldn't they let him play IPL? If they are, why no contract? They're saying to Tait- look mate, you can't play for us, but we're not letting you play for those guys either. Quite shabby treatment IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    another SA player unhappy with **** treatment from CA, prepared to speak out about it and possibly earn a cross through his name, who would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Not very fair though. If they're not going to pick him again, why wouldn't they let him play IPL? If they are, why no contract? They're saying to Tait- look mate, you can't play for us, but we're not letting you play for those guys either. Quite shabby treatment IMO.
    That was a bit dodgy, but no contract doesn't mean he can't play for Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    another SA player unhappy with **** treatment from CA, prepared to speak out about it and possibly earn a cross through his name, who would have thought

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    That was a bit dodgy, but no contract doesn't mean he can't play for Australia.
    That isn't the point though - the point is that if you've not received a contract (out of 25 names) it's a fairly sure indication that you're a fair way down the pecking-order. And if such a thing is the case, it's a bit rich to have stopped you playing in some mickey-mouse tournament.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    If he is contracted then they can tell him what they think is best. The decision was made whilst he was under contract. They are under no obligation to offer him a new one. Maybe they had not decided the full list a few weeks ago?

Contracts are like relationships. You are either in one or not. If someone breaks up with you then overnight you go from sleeping with them, to not being able to touch them. It is a considerable change in circumstance. Same with contracts. He was under contract, now he will not be. When he was under contract he was treated as everyone else was.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    May as well play for NZ.
    He's had enough injury problems as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That isn't the point though - the point is that if you've not received a contract (out of 25 names) it's a fairly sure indication that you're a fair way down the pecking-order. And if such a thing is the case, it's a bit rich to have stopped you playing in some mickey-mouse tournament.
    Maybe the decision hadn't been made then. Tait was still under contract to CA, and I didn't hear him complaining when he was being paid whilst injured. Tait's been supported through injury, and through a time when he couldn't work out whether he wanted to play cricket or not. In Tait's case I'd say him not being in the top 25 names is an indication of how much cricket he's played recently and his history of injuries. That they didn't want him to play the tournament could be taken as an indication that he's still in their plans. If he pulls himself together and gets a season under his belt where he performs well he might find himself back in the contract list.

The contracted players list isn't the be all and end all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information