Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketing Great Greg Chappell nominated in World's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity poll

Cricket Spectator

Icon14 Cricketing Great Greg Chappell nominated in World's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity poll

I just saw that Greg Chappell has been nominated as Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity of the Year at PETAAsiaPacific.com! I'm a big fan of his and I'm so happy to see he has a compassionate side for animals. Make sure you cast your vote for him here: Vote for 2009's Sexiest Vegetarian Alive | PETAAsiaPacific.com
    Greg apparently made the switch in diet because of the horrific conditions on factory farms where animals are raised for food as well as the devastating effect meat production has on the environment and the great health benefits of a meat free diet. Who knew!

Sam Kekovich, imho.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Matt52, Matt79, Matt88... goes on forever, this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Would like to disassociate myself from the sentiments expressed by the OP. Vegetarianism is not acceptable in Australian men, and Greg Chappell is not sexy. In fact, he looks decidedly unhealthy - as do most vegans. You know it makes sense.

Need a cigarette now....
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Matt52, Matt79, Matt88... goes on forever, this.
    But only one Richard!

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Would like to disassociate myself from the sentiments expressed by the OP. Vegetarianism is not acceptable in Australian men, and Greg Chappell is not sexy. In fact, he looks decidedly unhealthy - as do most vegans. You know it makes sense.

AWTA, what do you want him to stick on the barby, a tomato?

Vegans do actually tend to be quite unhealthy, my dad (a doctor) was recently discussing this with me (I was saying that a friend shying away from the juicy meat these days was a disgusting turn of events) and apparently there are actually a disproportionate amount of vegans who come in with nutrition problems, lack of protein, lack of fibre, lack of some oils or another, stopped listening after a little while as Mylene Klass was on the TV in an M&S ad.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    But only one Richard!
    There are more Rich's on CW than any other name, to my knowledge. Myself, Mr Tywman, Mr Hingston, Mr Edmunds, Mr tins of Spam and Mr Langley.

Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post

Vegans do actually tend to be quite unhealthy, my dad (a doctor) was recently discussing this with me (I was saying that a friend shying away from the juicy meat these days was a disgusting turn of events) and apparently there are actually a disproportionate amount of vegans who come in with nutrition problems, lack of protein, lack of fibre, lack of some oils or another, stopped listening after a little while as Mylene Klass was on the TV in an M&S ad.
    I've often been amazed that some vegans survive TBH, but it's acknowledged by most dieticians that vegeterianism is far more healthy than omnivority (or whatever the term is).

Just checked out the link in the OP and realized that Sreesanth (spelled Srishant) is also a nominee ...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I've often been amazed that some vegans survive TBH, but it's acknowledged by most dieticians that vegeterianism is far more healthy than omnivority (or whatever the term is).
    It's not, it's just that those of us who do eat meat tend to eat a disproportionate amount of it because it's so damn tasty. Hence the veggie type are generally healthier- but that's not to say they wouldn't be if they slipped a little chicken in their curry once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post

Seems like your dad has not heard of the China study.
    The China Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was introduced to it a couple of years ago by a regular marathon runner who pays a LOT of attention to nutrition, who'd been - upto reading that study - a lifelong meat eater.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post

Need a cigarette now....
    Just about 5 years ago, you could say similar things about oversized SUVs and Americans. Today, Prius is a mainstream car even in the US (and no discussion of GM fails to have Chevy Volt by the 3rd sentence).

The environmental analogy is not only appropriate, but is also the biggest reason to rethink dietary habits.
    Rethinking the Meat-Guzzler
    Last edited by jeevan; 14-05-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    Just about 5 years ago, you could say similar things about oversized SUVs and Americans. Today, Prius is a mainstream car even in the US (and no discussion of GM fails to have Chevy Volt by the 3rd sentence).

The environmental analogy is not only appropriate, but is also the biggest reason to rethink dietary habits.
    Rethinking the Meat-Guzzler

Never gets old.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    Seems like your dad has not heard of the China study.
    The China Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was introduced to it a couple of years ago by a regular marathon runner who pays a LOT of attention to nutrition, who'd been - upto reading that study - a lifelong meat eater.
    From the link;

There are virtually no nutrients in animal-based foods that are not better provided by plants.

Tall claim. One that came instantly to mind is Vit B12. Without meat, the only source is fortified drinks/foods or supplements.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information