Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketing Great Greg Chappell nominated in World's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity poll

Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    Just about 5 years ago, you could say similar things about oversized SUVs and Americans. Today, Prius is a mainstream car even in the US (and no discussion of GM fails to have Chevy Volt by the 3rd sentence). [/URL]
    You, like myself, do not live in America. We live in the East Bay. It isn't exactly on the pulse of red America. Cali attitudes and those in the big bit in the middle are still very different from each other.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It's not, it's just that those of us who do eat meat tend to eat a disproportionate amount of it because it's so damn tasty. Hence the veggie type are generally healthier- but that's not to say they wouldn't be if they slipped a little chicken in their curry once in a while.
    Clearly anything in moderation won't many any significant difference (unless, of course, it has food-poisoning of some sort in it, which is again massively more common in meat than any other grub) but the whole point is that a diet is about amount as well as components.

Thus, vegeterians are as a general rule more healthy than omnivores.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    One that came instantly to mind is Vit B12. Without meat, the only source is fortified drinks/foods or supplements.
    What's wrong with fortified drinks and supplements?

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    From the link;

There are virtually no nutrients in animal-based foods that are not better provided by plants.

Tall claim. One that came instantly to mind is Vit B12. Without meat, the only source is fortified drinks/foods or supplements.
    Oui oui, hopes were aroused as remote areas in India existed where no meat was eaten and the people didn't suffer defficiancy, however the bugs on their food provided them with the B12 required. eww..

Good on Greg Chappell

Recently attended 'Super Lawyer' Bruce Wagman speech at the Melbourne Law School about the horrible conditions of farming animals in both the US and Australia. Was a truly confronting experience sitting there and seeing some of the pictures.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Anyone else read in the past week that a Belgium city Gant I believe is now having a Vegetarian Day each week, Tuesday FTR. Can't imagine how the butchers in the city would agree to this.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Anyone else read in the past week that a Belgium city Gant I believe is now having a Vegetarian Day each week, Tuesday FTR. Can't imagine how the butchers in the city would agree to this.
    Well that's one place in the world I think I'll never be visiting. Basically if it breathes and it ain't a cow, I'll eat it. I reckon as long as you do a good amount of exercise (I work out min. 5 times a week), eat whatever the hell you want, works for me!

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Oui oui, hopes were aroused as remote areas in India existed where no meat was eaten and the people didn't suffer defficiancy, however the bugs on their food provided them with the B12 required. eww..
    Guess what, the Vitamin B12 in meat products is produced by....

...bacteria. Same way that B12 gets into plant based foods.

(p.s. I am not a dogmatic vegeterian, do eat white meat once in a while. However, the nutritional and environmental evidence is overwhelming, for those of you who choose to be data driven.)

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    You, like myself, do not live in America. We live in the East Bay. It isn't exactly on the pulse of red America. Cali attitudes and those in the big bit in the middle are still very different from each other.
    While that general comment might be true, fact remains that
    Sales of Hybrid Vehicles Surge in the Midwest

The nutrients required for a sense of humour appear, from my own observations, to be lacking in a vegetarian diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There are more Rich's on CW than any other name, to my knowledge. Myself, Mr Tywman, Mr Hingston, Mr Edmunds, Mr tins of Spam and Mr Langley.
    what a bunch of dicks
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    The nutrients required for a sense of humour appear, from my own observations, to be lacking in a vegetarian diet.
    Yep, does appear that the SUV driving meat eaters have sucked the planet dry of those ingredients as well. Not much jolly-vitamins (or fuel or climate) left for the others.

Nah look, I love a good steak myself.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Yep, does appear that the SUV driving meat eaters have sucked the planet dry of those ingredients as well. Not much jolly-vitamins (or fuel or climate) left for the others.
    Haha, best response.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Haha, best response.
    Exhibits a) and b) for the prosecution actually.

Bizarre equation of meat-eating with disrespect for the environment. Evidence of brains being denied vital nutrients found in the cooked carcasses of cows and chickens IMO...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information