• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County/State/IPL cricket using the "border rule"

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've been interested in seeing what the makeup of different teams would be if a rule was suddenly implemented that a player has to have been born in the state/county/provincial limits in order to play for said team/franchise. Which teams would weaken massively? Which would be strengthened? I'm not clued up on where players are from, but I would imagine that NSW would be incredibly strong, and teams like Leicestershire and Northants would lose pretty much all their players.. Hopefully someone with more time and inclination (Richard?) could put together a few sides for interests sake

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
A current Western Australian side:

Western Australia
SE Marsh
SM Katich
LA Pomersbach
MEK Hussey
DJ Hussey
*AC Voges
+MA Johnson
AK Heal
BR Dorey
AW Crawford
PJ Davis

Batting lineup pretty strong, but the bowling attack is woefully bad. I don't think I've missed anyone, either.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Great concept. Taking a look at the Sheffield Shield final between Victoria and Queensland I have highlighted the cricketers ineligible to play. Victoria loses some vital performers from the team. Queensland not as dramatic.

Victoria

Rogers
Jewell
Hodge
Hussey
White
Quiney
Nannes
Wade
Wright
McKay
Harwood