cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: What's going to happen to Ryder now?

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,714

    What's going to happen to Ryder now?

    Cricket: Ryder in off-field incident in South Africa - report - Sport - NZ Herald News

    Looks like he's in deep trouble again. Not sure what terms and conditions were/are placed on him, but could his contract with NZC be in danger of being torn up now?

  2. #2
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,303
    Ryder is the best brand ambassador Mallya could hope for
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  3. #3
    U19 12th Man anoop4real's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TVM,India
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    Ryder is the best brand ambassador Mallya could hope for
    Hmm thats right
    *****Cricket Rules******
    ______________________________________
    "Born to play Cricket"

  4. #4
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    39,598
    *facepalm*

    Suspect he tried to have just one sneaky one and, well, for a guy with alcohol issues like him, it snowballed.

    Hopefuly its not too serious, this guy is seriously, seriously good. Also a real shame to see someone in his position, addiction isn't nice.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    27,072
    Come across the Tasman. The Australian team isn't complete without at least one tubby left-handed opener.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    16,420
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cricket: Ryder in off-field incident in South Africa - report - Sport - NZ Herald News

    Looks like he's in deep trouble again. Not sure what terms and conditions were/are placed on him, but could his contract with NZC be in danger of being torn up now?
    Nope

    Runs = Leniency

  7. #7
    International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    Will hold my opinion until further details emerge.

    Such a shame for New Zealand cricket that Jesse Ryder can't keep himself out of trouble. On talent alone he has the ability to become one of the greatest New Zealand batsman of all time. He has already achieved more in his brief career thus far than countless other pretenders over time.

  8. #8
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    13,827
    God I hate how infuriatingly vague that article is. "He had to be restrained by security guards". Who's security guards? Where? At what time? Was alcohol involved? Were opposition players involved? Were fans involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  9. #9
    U19 Captain NZ Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wellington, NZ
    Posts
    640
    why must 99% of our good players have problems (injuries, alcohol abuse...)

  10. #10
    State Regular jondavluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westside of that big light blub thingy
    Posts
    943

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    There or thereabouts
    Posts
    17,750
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cricket: Ryder in off-field incident in South Africa - report - Sport - NZ Herald News

    Looks like he's in deep trouble again. Not sure what terms and conditions were/are placed on him, but could his contract with NZC be in danger of being torn up now?

    Oh for God's sake, James - deep trouble? Why can't you actually wait until we've heard the details of the incident before starting to sign off the death warrant for his career? The reports of this are remarkably scarce and it's mischievous to say the least of the NZ media to automatically link it to alcohol before finding out what went on. But it looks like their approach has worked, with kneejerk reactions such as this thread.

    Thank **** I'm out of the media.

  12. #12
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    39,598
    Well, hopefuly this doesn't end up bad

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Oh for God's sake, James - deep trouble? Why can't you actually wait until we've heard the details of the incident before starting to sign off the death warrant for his career? The reports of this are remarkably scarce and it's mischievous to say the least of the NZ media to automatically link it to alcohol before finding out what went on. But it looks like their approach has worked, with kneejerk reactions such as this thread..
    Well that's how it appeared following all the news headlines that he was in for it. I was simply posting what was being reported on NZHerald, Stuff, and other internet news sources and my comment was a question based off those reports. Don't see where I was signing off a death warrant, so that's obviously just an overreaction on your part.

    For the record, I would hate to see him lose his contract, as he's one of my favourite kiwi batsman to watch. But I think even you'd agree that he has to be ultra careful in what he does in the public eye in light of past events.

  14. #14
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,369
    Good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  15. #15
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,369
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well that's how it appeared following all the news headlines that he was in for it. I was simply posting what was being reported on NZHerald, Stuff, and other internet news sources and my comment was a question based off those reports. Don't see where I was signing off a death warrant, so that's obviously just an overreaction on your part.

    For the record, I would hate to see him lose his contract, as he's one of my favourite kiwi batsman to watch. But I think even you'd agree that he has to be ultra careful in what he does in the public eye in light of past events.
    He has been extra careful, the media has just proven that it is ready to pounce, he had a drink and nothing happened and all of a sudden there is another Ryder incident. Despicable from the NZ media.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Could only happen in NZ
    By age_master in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 04:58 AM
  2. SA tour of India may not happen
    By chicane in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 01:57 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-11-2002, 06:28 PM
  4. What will happen today?
    By yaju in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-04-2002, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •