• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fours and Sixes or running for your runs?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
And it's only coincedence Sehwag, Tendulkar and Yuvraj are, er...... "well rounded"? :laugh:
And it's only coincedence that Sehwag and Tendulkar average over 50...have you ever seen sachin up close in real life? The guy is stacked, i've never seen a man with forearms that big (Gatting included), in fairness he's never been more than a little chubby, usually pretty decent in the field too. Sehwag's let himself go a little since his return, but he has awesome stamina (as his penchant for massive scores shows, does it in the Indian heat too remember, 300 in Chennai ffs), he's a chubby fella but he's strong as an ox. Yuvraj just looks like a typical spoilt Indian only son (I'm one myself), slightly too well fed by his mum who thinks that more chapatis will make him grow taller and stronger, not wider and squidgier. That said the way he belts it must be pretty damn strong too, he's fairly sharp between the wickets too. Raina's another example, very very strong, a bit chubby, but lightning accross the ground.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
They're not cut out to hit massive sixes
In India's T20 squad:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
R Sharma
Dhoni
Y Pathan (known to punters only as 'The Beast')
I Pathan
Y Singh

None of those guys are known for big hitting.....:huh:

Even some of the bowlers smack it around:

Praveen Kumar
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
South Africa and New Zealand score lots of runs between the wickets, but there's always at least one in each who will go over the top and blast the ball around.
SA:

Smith
Gibbs
Duminy
DeVilliers
Boucher
Albie Morkel
even Kallis

NZ:

Ryder
Supermac
Taylor
Fulton
Oram

Just because they can run too doesn't mean they can't hit. Horribly dated analysis, would have been true 10 years ago.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And it's only coincedence that Sehwag and Tendulkar average over 50...have you ever seen sachin up close in real life? The guy is stacked, i've never seen a man with forearms that big (Gatting included), in fairness he's never been more than a little chubby, usually pretty decent in the field too. Sehwag's let himself go a little since his return, but he has awesome stamina (as his penchant for massive scores shows, does it in the Indian heat too remember, 300 in Chennai ffs), he's a chubby fella but he's strong as an ox. Yuvraj just looks like a typical spoilt Indian only son (I'm one myself), slightly too well fed by his mum who thinks that more chapatis will make him grow taller and stronger, not wider and squidgier. That said the way he belts it must be pretty damn strong too, he's fairly sharp between the wickets too. Raina's another example, very very strong, a bit chubby, but lightning accross the ground.
Yeah, Tendulkar's a machine. The way he plays it's not immediately obvious, but he'd have to be bloody strong to have such great control over his horrendously heavy bat.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In India's T20 squad:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
R Sharma
Dhoni
Y Pathan (known to punters only as 'The Beast')
I Pathan
Y Singh

None of those guys are known for big hitting.....:huh:

Even some of the bowlers smack it around:

Praveen Kumar
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh
I don't believe you're familiar with Arjun and his Indian-six-hitting-power mantras? :p