• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hate Sreesanth

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sreesanth is overrated - Hayden.

Centurion: Former Australian opener Matthew Hayden has hit back at Sreesanth by describing the Kings XI Punjab pacer as an over-rated bowler who “always loses cool under pressure” following their face-off in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match here on Thursday.

“Yeah, I think he is a particularly over-rated bowler. And so he was a great target for us to go at. He always loses his cool under pressure and I think it was a good example of that (in the match),” he said.

Hayden hit Sreesanth for three sixes in the 17th over before falling to the same bowler. A furious Sreesanth gave a mouthful to the Australian when he was heading towards the dressing room.

Hayden, however, refused to reveal what words Sreesanth had hurled at him.

“You don’t want to know. It’s just so meaningless. Mate... I am a Test veteran and a one-day International veteran, I have got nothing to answer to him that’s for certain,” said Hayden who holds the Orange Cap with 378 runs

biased indian

International Coach
ya dont like him and to the fact that he is from my town makes it worse .....but we have some other like him bhajji,nel,symmonds etc

dont approve the thread title though..we could see more thread title like this from many

i would like a i Hate symmonds thread :)

jeevan

International 12th Man
To start with, I dont like Hayden very much. But his 58 ball knock of 89 last evening in the IPL was a very special T20 innings. After a whirlwind performance full of exciting shots, haydos upped the ante and belted three sixers in one over and holed out to the deep in the dying stages of the innings. the bowler, a prick called Sreesanth, instead of applauding him and saying "well played" shouted a mouthful of abuses at him and gave him marching orders. haydos just gave him a wry smile as response and walked off.

i wanted to hide under my sofa in shame looking at this mediocre cricketer mistaking petulance for passion and false bravado for toughness. i hope he stays out of the indian team forever and ends up selling lottery tickets on the streets for a living. better still i hope harbhajan slaps him one more time and both get banned for life.

I hate this graceless, talentless, brainless idiot.
Have you seen his Bollywood style dancing? Will make a world class sidekick in Indian movies (grace & brains are not needed in that line of work).

pasag

RTDAS
Sreesanth is overrated - Hayden.

Centurion: Former Australian opener Matthew Hayden has hit back at Sreesanth by describing the Kings XI Punjab pacer as an over-rated bowler who “always loses cool under pressure” following their face-off in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match here on Thursday.

“Yeah, I think he is a particularly over-rated bowler. And so he was a great target for us to go at. He always loses his cool under pressure and I think it was a good example of that (in the match),” he said.

Hayden hit Sreesanth for three sixes in the 17th over before falling to the same bowler. A furious Sreesanth gave a mouthful to the Australian when he was heading towards the dressing room.

Hayden, however, refused to reveal what words Sreesanth had hurled at him.

“You don’t want to know. It’s just so meaningless. Mate... I am a Test veteran and a one-day International veteran, I have got nothing to answer to him that’s for certain,” said Hayden who holds the Orange Cap with 378 runs
Yeah, have also got the feeling the Australian side disliked Sreesanth more than anyone. Whilst Harbi talks alot, he can back it up and is currently arguably the best spinner in the world and the Aussies respect that. Sreesanth however, despite one good tour has shown very little.

Pheobe

Banned
Sreesanth is a disgusting cringe inducing fellow. But it was uncharitable and unprofessional of Hayden to go public with such comments about an active international bowler. Precisely why he will never end up as one of the icons of the game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sreesanth is a disgusting cringe inducing fellow. But it was uncharitable and unprofessional of Hayden to go public with such comments about an active international bowler. Precisely why he will never end up as one of the icons of the game.
Icon of the game is hardly related to off field comments, regardless of whether Hayden's comments were desirable or not. I feel there was nothing wrong with it as he has didn't say any thing inflammatory.

Bishan Bedi is one of the biggest clowns in the world when it comes to making stupid comments but he is well respected for his bowling and is an icon of the game.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Icon of the game is hardly related to off field comments, regardless of whether Hayden's comments were desirable or not. I feel there was nothing wrong with it as he has didn't say any thing inflammatory.

Bishan Bedi is one of the biggest clowns in the world when it comes to making stupid comments but he is well respected for his bowling and is an icon of the game.
True, but it was still wrong of Hayden to say this publicly, especially about a young player no matter how much of an idiot he is. Also I remember Sreesanth bowling some great deliveries to get Hayden in the last ODI series they played against each other. TBH I reckon Sreesanth does it because he knows it will get his face on the 5 second bite that will be replayed a billion times in the Indian electronic media. It's pure vanity. He can't really back it up consistently with the ball, but his tears after getting slapped last year revealed that he's actually a *****, pretty shocking stuff from a quick bowler. Imagine Merv Hughes crying after getting slapped? Just would never ever happen.

If he ever tried to give me **** on the field I'd just smile at him and tap my cheek with my palm, sure to shut him up fast.

Pheobe

Banned
True, but it was still wrong of Hayden to say this publicly, especially about a young player no matter how much of an idiot he is. Also I remember Sreesanth bowling some great deliveries to get Hayden in the last ODI series they played against each other. TBH I reckon Sreesanth does it because he knows it will get his face on the 5 second bite that will be replayed a billion times in the Indian electronic media. It's pure vanity. He can't really back it up consistently with the ball, but his tears after getting slapped last year revealed that he's actually a *****, pretty shocking stuff from a quick bowler. Imagine Merv Hughes crying after getting slapped? Just would never ever happen.

If he ever tried to give me **** on the field I'd just smile at him and tap my cheek with my palm, sure to shut him up fast.
He landed himself in trouble only some years back for going verbal against Harbhajan (Weed) and Ishant Sharma. I think he has this little thing for Indian bowlers. Also conveniently forgot that Sreesanth bowled him in a super spell of 2-12 in 4 overs in the T20 WC SFs. Pressure situation.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
He landed himself in trouble only some years back for going verbal against Harbhajan (Weed) and Ishant Sharma. I think he has this little thing for Indian bowlers. Also conveniently forgot that Sreesanth bowled him in a super spell of 2-12 in 4 overs in the T20 WC SFs. Pressure situation.
That's the spell I'm thinking of, where he bowled him with the big away swinger straight through the gate (inswinger to the lefty), that dismissal shows his potential, just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and realise that no one takes him seriously as a scary type fast bowler (like they would say, Andy Roberts).

Pheobe

Banned
True. Once he got slapped last year, he suddenly metamorphosed into a good fast bowler, with little talk and plenty of action. He needs a slap time to time to screw all those loose bolts I guess.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
True. Once he got slapped last year, he suddenly metamorphosed into a good fast bowler, with little talk and plenty of action. He needs a slap time to time to screw all those loose bolts I guess.
I'm sure there are plenty of volunteers!

Pheobe

Banned
"I will not stoop to the level to date a girl who is not famous like a TV actor or a model" - One of his recent gems.

Pheobe

Banned
I'd better be. Such a shame that after a year in the wilderness, and being the skunk he is, he still thinks he sets TV and girls on fire.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I'd better be. Such a shame that after a year in the wilderness, and being the skunk he is, he still thinks he sets TV and girls on fire.
According to the Fake IPL Blogger (hardly the most reliable source of info) he asked Dhoni if Zaheer didn't recover in time, what were his chances of making the world T20 squad, Dhoni laughed it off and replied that he didn't plan on visiting the match referee during the world T20.

Pheobe

Banned
According to the Fake IPL Blogger (hardly the most reliable source of info) he asked Dhoni if Zaheer didn't recover in time, what were his chances of making the world T20 squad, Dhoni laughed it off and replied that he didn't plan on visiting the match referee during the world T20.
Too cool that man Dhoni. Knows his way to talk out of tricky situations. Anyway it is no secret that Dhoni prefers RP Singh and even Pathan over Sreesanth.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah Hayden's a legend. I love unashamed arrogance when it's backed up with results. Nothing in Hayden's comments was remotely untrue and there's nothing wrong with him saying it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's a poor mans Andre Nel for mine.. Horrible cricketer and a very average human being too boot
Would agree with this. His bowling is vastly overrated, imo. He has never done the business at Indian domestic level. Say what you will about the flat pitches, but Zaheer, RP Singh, Munaf, etc have all put in considerable domestic performances, yet Sreesanth was never a force even in the Plate League nor could he ever be economical in OD cricket. Sreesanth's bowling is pretty much an exceptional seam position and occasionally sharp pace, nothing more.