• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Pity the Team Bus" XI

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok as I'm reading about Bresnan waddling in to bowl, let's get a quick Porkers' XI together.

Allow me to start the ball rolling:

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Warwick Armstrong (c)
3. Ollie Milburn
4. Jesse Ryder
5. Samit Patel
6. Fat Gatt
7. Ian Botham
8. Eddie Hemmings
9. Ian Austin
10. Eddo Brandes
11. Dwayne Leverock

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ollie Milburn a shoo in for any rotund XI. The Big Ship should probably also sail in.

Fair to say Merv Hughes enjoyed his food too as did his national captain Tubby Taylor.

& the late, great Colin Cowdrey had a fairly affectionate relationship with the pies as well.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inzi, Ranatunga, perhaps even Aravinda.

Might have a few more than 11.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget Jack Simmons who, I am led to believe, was a man that Mike Gatting was not prepared to take on in an eating contest.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Fat Cat himself, Greg Ritchie.

And the good Doctor in his later years would surely be worthy of a spot too...

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Warwick Armstrong should get a spot IMO. Boonie should also be considered as well as Ranatunga

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Ranatunga, Gooch was a bit podgy in his latter days, Mark Ealham and his dad for a father son combo. Blackwell. Duleep Mendis