• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Somerset Get the One Day Wooden Spoon?

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
How can this be?? Somerset are heading for the wooden spoon in Div 2 and the unenviable title as worst first class county in one day cricket. Have injuries ruined our chances or are we just playing brainless cricket??

The Sussex defeat just underlies quite how bad we are. They were bottom and quite awful to date but still hammered us out of sight.

botham

Cricket Spectator
The only way is up, baby!

Starting from next week we are going to climb. Johnno and McLean are reported to be returning and possibly Banger, short-term fix I know!

I'm not sure whether the problems relate to cricket or are much deeper ie management. I have yet to meet anyone who believes that PA is doing a good enough job!

However, I love watching Somerset play so I shall be at Southgate next week.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: The only way is up, baby!

botham said:
Starting from next week we are going to climb. Johnno and McLean are reported to be returning and possibly Banger, short-term fix I know!
Gonna bat Johnson at three?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im fed up with the argument that injuries are causing our non show this season... the reason that teams are succesful (ie Surrey, Australia internationally) is because they have enough depth to win matches when players are away or injured.. They just call someone up who does the business..

Lack of class in the top order (cox aside), and some mind blowingly brainless cricket and signings...
Especially playing Gazzard and turner, how many keepers do we need???