• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rediscovering Rajan Bala

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Rajan Bala is in my humble opinion, way and above the finest cricket journalist in India. He wasrw iting regularly for the The Deccan Herald Bangalore till the 90's and then seemed to vanish from the scene. His book The Covers Are Off was eagerly anticipated by those familiar with his writing.

Today I stumbled onto a shoddily maintained blog when I ran a google search for him.

Rajan Bala has always been known for his hard hitting no-nonsense style and in an Indian environment where not many people have the guts to call a spade a spade Rajan has been known to call it a bloody shovel. It was . therefore, extremely disappointing but not the least surprising to see the poor maintenance of this blog.

Trust my judgement and visit it.

Rajan writes on various subject but cricket is his first love. I met him a couple of times in Delhi at a common friends house and still can recall the great evenings spent discussing cricket and cricketers that went late into the night. Rajan knows his cricket and certainly knows Indian cricketing establishment inside out.

The link below will take you to the archives of the 70 articles he has so far on his blog. This section is appropriately called Rajan Bala's Brickbats

While it will have a lot for Indian cricket enthusiasts, I am sure others will enjoy it too even if you disagree with some of his strong views.

I am trying to get in touch with Rajan and will try and see if we can get him to write for CW although I doubt it since he seems to be under some sort of employee/employer relationship with Indian Express.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you could establish the whereabouts of an available copy of his book about Chandrasekhar I'd be very grateful

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Rajan Bala is the worst thing that happened to Indian Cricket. It will be a travesty If CW allows him to use its site in any possible manner. They guy was involved in match fixing, acted as the personal stooge of Greg Chappel and harmed Indian Cricket in a manner no one else could.