• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The brainless XI

Days of Grace

International Captain
For those cricketers where thinking and strategising are totally foreign. One wonders if they have a brain at all

1. Sehwag (c)
2. ?
3. ?
4. Mohammad Ashrafel
5. Yuvrag Singh
6. Shahid Afridi
7. B.B. McCullum (wk)
8. D.R. Smith
9. Shoaib Akhtar
10. D. Powell
11. M. Gillespie (can't tell if he is brainless or just plain rubbish)

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
For those cricketers where thinking and strategising are totally foreign. One wonders if they have a brain at all

1. Sehwag (c)
2. ?
3. ?
4. Mohammad Ashrafel
5. Yuvrag Singh
6. Shahid Afridi
7. B.B. McCullum (wk)
8. D.R. Smith
9. Shoaib Akhtar
10. D. Powell
11. M. Gillespie (can't tell if he is brainless or just plain rubbish)
McCullum, Yuvraj and Ashraful are a bit harsh.

archie mac

International Coach
Hilditch from Aust, kept hooking was told he would be dropped if he kept getting out that way.

3 on the fence bowl short and hook, out both innings out of the team:laugh:

irfan

State Captain
1. S
2.H
3.A
4.H
5.I
6.D
7.A
8.F
9.R
10.I
11.D
12TH MAN I

Na seriously
1. Imran Nazir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Robin Uthappa
4. Mohammad Ashraful
5. Andrew Symonds
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Dinesh Karthik
8. Ajit Agarkar
9. Darren Powell
10. Mark Gillespie
11. Dilhara Fernando

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Have to add Samit Patel. So brainless that he has killed his immediate career and even his County coach has no sympathy.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It's hard to tell if Hilditch's case is simply brainless more just pure instinct. Kind of similar to the way Damian Martyn was found out by New Zealand by stacking the gully region and bowling short and wide of off-stump. A player can hold temptation back for only so long. Does that make him brainless?

archie mac

International Coach
It's hard to tell if Hilditch's case is simply brainless more just pure instinct. Kind of similar to the way Damian Martyn was found out by New Zealand by stacking the gully region and bowling short and wide of off-stump. A player can hold temptation back for only so long. Does that make him brainless?
In a cricket sense I think it does:)

Instincts can be controlled otherwise my instinct to say what I want would cause some trouble

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not regarded as brainless usually, but Gower deserves a mention for buzzing the Gabba (IIRC) in a Tiger Moth plane, which was never going to be a good idea.

A few of KP's public utterances seem to suggest he's not always wont to engage the brain before speaking too.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the early part of his career I remember Mike Gatting getting out LBW to deliveries pitched well outside off two or three times in quick succession whilst shouldering arms and padding up - Jim Laker and Richie Benaud were totally bemused

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not regarded as brainless usually, but Gower deserves a mention for buzzing the Gabba (IIRC) in a Tiger Moth plane, which was never going to be a good idea.

A few of KP's public utterances seem to suggest he's not always wont to engage the brain before speaking too.
What about the leg side trap that was set just before lunch and he obligingly hit (IIRC) Merv Hughes straight down fine legs thoat (Ashes 90/91)?

One of the most brain dead and irresponsible pieces of cricket I have ever seen.