Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solitary Shivnarine Chanderpaul just happy to keep on batting

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    See I think there is contradicition in your post. If it works for england then it's not really selfish. There are two basic things a batsman can do for the team; score runs or occupy the crease. Pietersen is capabale of doing either or both depending on the situation. People will point to his dismissal at Edgbaston last summer, but this is countered IMO by the fact that for the few times he has done that, he has played a great innings to the team's benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    It works for England because in the end he is scoring runs. We'll see about his selfishness as he gets into different situations when he is not in the best of form.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    KP would call Allan Border selfish. KP is the definition of a selfish cricketer. It works for him though, and it works for England.
    Well it's worked for him, not so sure it's worked for England going by results. e.g. recent loss vs Windies.

Regarding the first of those situations Top Cat, I remember that match and for a player like Gilly I don't think survival was really an option on that surface, he probably figured that he didn't have the technique to stick around so his best option was to score some quick runs before his number came up, didn't come off though. Fair enough about the second, had forgotten about that dismissal despite watching it!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Well it's worked for him, not so sure it's worked for England going by results. e.g. recent loss vs Windies.

Regarding the first of those situations Top Cat, I remember that match and for a player like Gilly I don't think survival was really an option on that surface, he probably figured that he didn't have the technique to stick around so his best option was to score some quick runs before his number came up, didn't come off though. Fair enough about the second, had forgotten about that dismissal despite watching it!
    Personally, the Aussies over-estimated the lethality of the Mumbai deck in 2004.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information