• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia to see WI

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The WICB have signed a $20 million broadcating deal with Ten Sports, that allows exclusive rights to broadcast any International cricket in the Caribbean.

We sure needed the money,

V Reddy

International Debutant
Maybe that was the reason why ESPN or Star Sports didn't telecast the WI-SRL Test Series in India.

Deja moo

International Captain
Maybe that was the reason why ESPN or Star Sports didn't telecast the WI-SRL Test Series in India.
As I see it Ten sports have at last decided to show some quality programming in India. I was getting real F*****g tired of watching them show srl and pak and nzl play one boring series after another....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed. Now you get to see the youngest, most exciting and talented team in the world.

(Hey, I'm a West Indian, what do you expect?)

Agent TBY

International Captain
NOOOOO....now we miss out on quality programming for the West Indies.Quite frankly Ten Sports sucks with the only quality stuff being Gamer TV!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im disappointed with BskyB in the UK, we used to get stuff from Pakistan and Sri Lanka but that seems to have faded away...

Im gunna be mad if they cancel the SA cricket... SA v WI in the winter should be very good...

Rich2001

International Captain
Don't they cover a netural series (ie not England) as they covered SA vs Pakistan before the WC (can't go back futher as that's when I got Sky again after a couple of years break) and then did Australia vs WI, then the following tour SL vs WI.

Deja moo

International Captain
who's covering the Ind-Aus-Nzl triseries in India?

I may be mistaken, but isnt this the first time that India hosts a triseries which has 3 rounds in the league stage instead of 2?

....Later there is the Indian tour of Australia, where after India sweep the test series 3-0( with a match washed off), Australia take on India and the Mighty Zimbabweans in the " World Series".

When was the last time the "world series" truly featured the top 3 teams of the world?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Closest we've come in recent times would be the Aus-NZ-SA one about 12 months or so ago.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
orangepitch said:
When was the last time the "world series" truly featured the top 3 teams of the world?
That term always gives me a giggle.

I was watching an Eddie Izzard tape last night (again) and he was taking the mickey out of Americans in the audience saying how brilliant it must be that they (the US) ALWAYS win the World Series in baseball.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Royals v Cardinals - went to the last game. Incredibly tight series - then Kansas City won the decider 11-0.

Nope - can't remember any of it.:D

Bazza

International 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
I was watching an Eddie Izzard tape last night (again) and he was taking the mickey out of Americans in the audience saying how brilliant it must be that they (the US) ALWAYS win the World Series in baseball.
Except it's not the US!

Anyway I didn't realise you were a baseball fan Eddie? Do you follow a team? Are you a big fan or do you just follow all sports to an extent??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bazza said:
Except it's not the US!

Anyway I didn't realise you were a baseball fan Eddie? Do you follow a team? Are you a big fan or do you just follow all sports to an extent??
I used to watch it a bit on Channel 5, but a mate I worked with years ago was a big fan. I suppose some of it rubbed off. The same guy who got me into tenpin

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
Don't they cover a netural series (ie not England) as they covered SA vs Pakistan before the WC (can't go back futher as that's when I got Sky again after a couple of years break) and then did Australia vs WI, then the following tour SL vs WI.

AFAIK, Sky have rights to all international matches taking place in

Australia
South Africa
West indies

Deja moo

International Captain
Talk about damn timing.....

Can't watch the triseries coz' I got my final yr theory papers around that time:(

can't watch India's tests in australia coz' I got my practicals then:(

Who says india doesnt have dull dreary winters?:(

V Reddy

International Debutant
orangepitch said:
Talk about damn timing.....

Can't watch the triseries coz' I got my final yr theory papers around that time:(

can't watch India's tests in australia coz' I got my practicals then:(

Who says india doesnt have dull dreary winters?:(
I watched all the matches of the World Cup when i had my exams then :D and i got 74.2 percent . I just couldn't resist watching it :P .