• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Feature - Series Points - the 1990s

chasingthedon

International Regular
Thanks guys

Once the overall thing is done, I'll look at sub-groups, like countries, wicket-keepers, all-rounders etc.

chasingthedon

International Regular
Thanks guys

A lot of work goes into these, so it's nice to know someone other than me is getting something from them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
A question on this: how come Tendulkar is rated so low?

Another: does it take into account the difficulty in getting "Player of the Series" if you are in a more dominant team? Or even if you play for a lesser team which may lose and usually the POS goes to a player on the winning side; whereas a player on the losing side may have been very good?

Sorry, I have skimmed through and might have missed something; so forgive me if that's the case.

Last edited:

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
Seems as if the ratings put a lot of emphasis onm the strength of attacks faced and I guess (not guess i know) Tendy didnt do too well against the stronger attacks. Same for Lara but he never faced teams like Zim and SL in the 90s who both had lesser attacks thru much of the 90s.

chasingthedon

International Regular
A question on this: how come Tendulkar is rated so low?

Another: does it take into account the difficulty in getting "Player of the Series" if you are in a more dominant team? Or even if you play for a lesser team which may lose and usually the POS goes to a player on the winning side; whereas a player on the losing side may have been very good?

Sorry, I have skimmed through and might have missed something; so forgive me if that's the case.
Mr Incredible's comment notwithstanding, I did find on checking that I'd missed a series against Australia which Tendulkar was Man of the Series for (actually, I hadn't missed it, I'd saved over it with data from a subsequent series - remember, to err is human, to forgive divine!) - I'll enter that data, check nothing else is missed and re-run the numbers.

Sometimes a player on the losing side will get the POS, more likely in a close series (it's unlikely a player on the wrong end of a 0-5 spanking would get it), but I agree it usually goes to a player on the winning side. Not sure what you mean about the difficulty in getting POS if you are in a more dominant team?