• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL'09 Opening Pair

which one

• K11 - Hopes and ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RR - Smith and ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ret

International Debutant
Uthappa and Ryder gets a vote! How many would take them over Sehwag-Gambhir, Gilly-Gibby and Sachin-Sanath?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Given the conditions I'd take Sachin and Sanath, considering they're in my all time odi XI it's to be expected! 2nd Sehwag and Gambhir, 3rd Gibbs and Gilly, 4th Supermac and Captain Cool (potentially the most destructive, but both too vulnerable early on).

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin and Sanath are quite possibly the opening partnership for my all-time ODI XI. But for the IPL, i can't look past Gilly and Gibbs. Unlike last year, Gibbs is on top form and both can hit any ball for six.

I'm yet to see Tendulkar score at a strike rate quite ridiculous enough to put him in the same bracket of T20 player as he is in every other format.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
McCummum (sic) and Gayle on paper.....

...but not really by performance so far.

Last edited:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Sachin and Sanath are quite possibly the opening partnership for my all-time ODI XI. But for the IPL, i can't look past Gilly and Gibbs. Unlike last year, Gibbs is on top form and both can hit any ball for six.

I'm yet to see Tendulkar score at a strike rate quite ridiculous enough to put him in the same bracket of T20 player as he is in every other format.
/true.
That is why you are an International cpt.
Are you Mike Brearley in disguise?

ret

International Debutant
voted Sehwag and Gambhir because they are not only a test opening pair but also, imo, will do better than some of the other pairs in pressure situations but the difference b/w the top 3 pairs is marginal!

ret

International Debutant
so its Gilly and Gibby! One did the job in the semis, while the other did it in the final!

:)