• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why England Don't Want Kevin Pietersen

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That shouldn't have happened - thanks for pointing it out!

It's not fixed :)

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hehe, really nice article, ?s not withstanding - funny in the right places, and in the right quantity, but a very true (and disheartening, for England fans) view on the situation, Kevin Pietersen, and Britain in general.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
100% agree with that. Nice length, too :)

I could rant quite a bit about the English media, but what pisses me off most currently is the England Pendulum, where their team is always either horribly underrated or phenomonally overrated. Truth be told, England are pretty average. All the early posts i made when i joined this site were on how England were nowhere near as good as the general perception of them believed and South Africa were going to hand their asses to them that summer. Now it seems like all i ever do is defend them against horribly OTT criticism.

Flem274*

123/5
Seems to be the way for most countries except Aus, SA, and SL tbh, with variances (eg. Indian media is generally OTT overraters of the team, but fans often hve to defend the team when they lose from the "I hate India and think they are massively overrated" crowd)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's a good article and Cozza successfully pulls off an air of sardonic levity, which is a hard trick to manage, but he's taken a wee bit of artistic licence regarding KP missing his, er, missus.

What irked the old sweats in the meedja and the embittered loners who post on cricket forums (:ph34r:) was not that he was pining for his better half, but that he'd asked to be excused from the tour to "support" her whilst she appeared on some piddling piece of reality TV fluff in the UK. The fact that she made it to the final was the reason he hadn't seen her for 11 weeks.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a good article, and our media do swing madly one way or another. However, rightly or wrongly, part of what a modern captain needs is to be able to present himself (and to an extent his team) well in the media. Unfortunately KP didn't seem able to do that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's a good article and Cozza successfully pulls off an air of sardonic levity, which is a hard trick to manage, but he's taken a wee bit of artistic licence regarding KP missing his, er, missus.

What irked the old sweats in the meedja and the embittered loners who post on cricket forums (:ph34r:) was not that he was pining for his better half, but that he'd asked to be excused from the tour to "support" her whilst she appeared on some piddling piece of reality TV fluff in the UK. The fact that she made it to the final was the reason he hadn't seen her for 11 weeks.
I couldn't find anything to prove that that was what he actually said - my understanding all along has been that he said he was fed up on the tour and couldn't wait to go home, but not that he actually asked to be sent home. Hey, I might well be wrong, but I thought it was just interpretation and would be happy to be proved wrong :)

Thanks for the feedback guys

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very good article, but Pietersen did ask to be sent back home (in between games) to support his wife in that reality show ****.