• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan Hear After?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So Afghanistan has achieved the greatest mile stone in whole cricketing history from 35th to 16th rank or may be 15th after Sunday's match will now play their first ever ODI against Scotland. Becoming the first Affiliate team to play a ODI & several tournaments lined up like WCL DIV 1, Intercontinental Cup, T20 WCQs, ACC T20 Elite, What do u think is the future for Afghan Cricket?:ph34r:

Dissector

International Debutant
I am baffled by the whole concept of Afghan cricket. Are these Afghan citizens based in Pakistan or does Afghanistan actually have a first class setup?

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am baffled by the whole concept of Afghan cricket. Are these Afghan citizens based in Pakistan or does Afghanistan actually have a first class setup?
This should give you a fair idea.

Cricinfo - Fifteen months across the world with Afghanistan

Whatever it is, I think if there is one country that needs Cricket (and Sports in general) then it is Afghanistan. I hope they do well and give their countrymen something to be proud of and something to feel good about.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome news!!

Will Afghanistan be staging any 'home' ODIs, if so where will they likely be played?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Some great news happening from Afghanistan cricket.

The best thing about the Afghanistan team is that nearly all the players are young (21-24 years), and I believe all bar one or two are born in Afghanistan. Upcoming cricketing nations need to be built on home-grown talent, not has-beens from other countries.

Nothing unites a country together in harmony more than sport. I hope the people of Afghanistan jump on this opportunity.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure the Afghan football team play their home matches in UAE, so my guess is they will play their cricket matches their as well. Could have three sides playing home matches there; Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan's team is almost as young as Bangladesh's, and with all the publicity they've raised cricket should have a pretty good profile over there now. It'd be great if Pakistan could help them out by giving their players some experience in FC cricket, or maybe getting them to take part in their List A competition, though I imagine the PCB has bigger things to worry about right now. Also hope they qualify for the the next T20 WC. Provided the political situation over there doesn't completely collapse, they could be pretty regular competitors with Ireland and Bangladesh in a few years.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan's team is almost as young as Bangladesh's, and with all the publicity they've raised cricket should have a pretty good profile over there now. It'd be great if Pakistan could help them out by giving their players some experience in FC cricket, or maybe getting them to take part in their List A competition, though I imagine the PCB has bigger things to worry about right now. Also hope they qualify for the the next T20 WC. Provided the political situation over there doesn't completely collapse, they could be pretty regular competitors with Ireland and Bangladesh in a few years.
Sri Lanka, Pakistan and England are giving some of the Afghan players experience in FC matches. I know one of the D2 clubs have already said they will give their two overseas slots to Afghanistan players. Last year Hassan and Nabi and a few other clubs are keen to do the same.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lets help the narcotic state. YAY

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sri Lanka, Pakistan and England are giving some of the Afghan players experience in FC matches. I know one of the D2 clubs have already said they will give their two overseas slots to Afghanistan players. Last year Hassan and Nabi and a few other clubs are keen to do the same.
Yeah I just read that Hassan got his Visa accepted for England so that's good news for him.

Also UAE as a host natjon, that's cool.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Lets help the narcotic state. YAY
At least that "narcotic state" doesn't make Terrorist..unlike her neighboring country..

you know a little support could do wonder and considering that i have always supported you guys knowing that your country's politicians are responsible for everything that is going on on that "norcotic state"..and everything that has been happening since 1977..

anyways.. i appolgize for taking this toward politics but couldn't take this...

I am soo happy.. that i am going to finally see my own afghan team playing one day soon.. i am geting ready for it.. i just ordered zee sport in a hope that if afghan team play any international cricket sooner.. at least i will be ready to watch it..

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The rise of the Afghans has been one of those wonderful stories that only cricket can produce - Having bemoaned the presence of associates at the World Cup in the past I'd now love to see the ICC change the rules to let another two in - by 2011 at their current rate of progress Afghanistan would undoubtedly ruffle a few feathers

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
At least that "narcotic state" doesn't make Terrorist..unlike her neighboring country..

you know a little support could do wonder and considering that i have always supported you guys knowing that your country's politicians are responsible for everything that is going on on that "norcotic state"..and everything that has been happening since 1977..

That is what you get for supporting and speaking for them for all those years...One Ray of Hope for joy and you get stabbed in the back. Keep supporting the terrorists and terrorist sympathizers. You reap what you sow. I have no sympathy for you, You deserve this.

Now I wait for those educated and intelligent mute hypocrites to moan and complain about my post and how it insults their country and blah blah...

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach

I am soo happy.. that i am going to finally see my own afghan team playing one day soon.. i am geting ready for it.. i just ordered zee sport in a hope that if afghan team play any international cricket sooner.. at least i will be ready to watch it..
Oh yeas thats why majority of the terrorist caught in Pakistan are Afghan origans and you talk about us making terrorist. The drugs and arms culture that developed in Pakistan was courtesy to your people.Pakistan , a third world country, allowed millions of these ungrateful into our country as refugees and all they do is create instability in the country in cooperation with other outside forces.

BTW I really appreciate how you have supported us over here but the truth is I have no sympathy or support for Afghanistan and Afghani people who have caused more harm then good to Pakistan.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
That is what you get for supporting and speaking for them for all those years...One Ray of Hope for joy and you get stabbed in the back. Keep supporting the terrorists and terrorist sympathizers. You reap what you sow. I have no sympathy for you, You deserve this.

Now I wait for those educated and intelligent mute hypocrites to moan and complain about my post and how it insults their country and blah blah...
yeah yeah keep going we are the bad guys you are the good guys, goodness will overcome evil one day we will be destroyed and whole world will live happily ever after blah blah...your continuous bitching is getting tiresome now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeas thats why majority of the terrorist caught in Pakistan are Afghan origans and you talk about us making terrorist. The drugs and arms culture that developed in Pakistan was courtesy to your people.Pakistan , a third world country, allowed millions of these ungrateful into our country as refugees and all they do is create instability in the country in cooperation with other outside forces.

BTW I really appreciate how you have supported us over here but the truth is I have no sympathy or support for Afghanistan and Afghani people who have caused more harm then good to Pakistan.
'Et Tu Brute ?'

Anyways.First negative post in this thread came from a Pakistani, tells how the mind works for them. .It is not exactly a surprise to see a 'Pakistani' using the term 'You People' at the slightest opportunity in a thread that was about cricket in Afghanistan yet they cry when their country is called out for sponsoring terrorism all over the world. Oh it is not Pakistan but just few idiots and blah blah blah.

Bloody Hypocrites and back stabbers !!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
yeah yeah keep going we are the bad guys you are the good guys, goodness will overcome evil one day we will be destroyed and whole world will live happily ever after blah blah...your continuous bitching is getting tiresome now.

Oh No, You are the angels of peace with a message for love and happiness all over the world.

Xuhaib

International Coach
'Et Tu Brute ?'

Anyways.First negative post in this thread came from a Pakistani, tells how the mind works for them. .It is not exactly a surprise to see a 'Pakistani' using the term 'You People' at the slightest opportunity in a thread that was about cricket in Afghanistan yet they cry when their country is called out for sponsoring terrorism all over the world. Oh it is not Pakistan but just few idiots and blah blah blah.

Bloody Hypocrites and back stabbers !!!
92% of world Opium trade originates from Afganistan so I was just stating a fact it was not a negative comment sure it was not related to cricket but I was just giving my oponion on the issue to a comment that 'Pakistan should try to improve cricket base in Afghanistan'.

We are no hypocrites or back stabbers as you imply despite all the accusations and wrong doings by the Karzai govt to Pakistan this is how we have treated them.

Afghan team preparing in Pakistan for World Cup

haroon510

International 12th Man
I have alot to say here.. but i will be the better person ignore it and let it go and i will request fo you all to stay with cricket.... this topic is about afghan cricket team and i will do my best to keep it politics free..

it is just pitty...that we have been the victim from both side yet..we have people who still blame us....anyways...

like i have said in the other topic.. the more we discuss stuff like this.. the more hatrate we create for each other.. and the more away we get from the great game of cricket..

Status
Not open for further replies.