• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan Hear After?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuhaib

International Coach
My comments may have seemed harsh, biased and inappropriate towards Afghanistan and its people but I had the misfortune of experiencing a serious personal grief due to actions of some ruthless, cold hearted Afghans. Sure this does not give me the right or an excuse to paint all the Afghans with the same brush as I am sure many of them are good decent people but sometimes when you go through a terrible ordeal and find out it continues to happen then you tend to develop a strong opinion for certain things and you tend to not care or rationalize whether you are being politically correct or not.

So, did my comments seemed harsh and spoiled the forum atmosphere? Yes

Were the comment wrong? This is a discussion forum and I was presenting my response to a comment on an issue on which I feel very strongly.

Should I have stayed shut? Thinking about it probably.Being a part of a forum is like being a part of a country as an individual it is important that once you become a citizen you adhere to laws and rules laid out for that land I guess the same logic applies for an internet forum, so yes making a political comments on a cricket related discussion is surely against the forum rules and I did tread on the unacceptable behavior territory but then as I said in the opening para when you go through a terrible ordeal you develop a strong opinion for certain things and you tend to not care or rationalize whether you are following the rules or not.

as for spoiling the forum atmosphere I do accept that I have been involved in verbal political duels with some other members and they have not been pleasant all the times will definitely try to keep them to minimum or nil in the future as most of the times they lead to just mud slinging.

regards, Zohaib

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Big moment in Afghan sporting history
0.1 Blain to Noor Ali, no run, defends to mid on

haroon510

International 12th Man
My comments may have seemed harsh, biased and inappropriate towards Afghanistan and its people but I had the misfortune of experiencing a serious personal grief due to actions of some ruthless, cold hearted Afghans. Sure this does not give me the right or an excuse to paint all the Afghans with the same brush as I am sure many of them are good decent people but sometimes when you go through a terrible ordeal and find out it continues to happen then you tend to develop a strong opinion for certain things and you tend to not care or rationalize whether you are being politically correct or not.

So, did my comments seemed harsh and spoiled the forum atmosphere? Yes

Were the comment wrong? This is a discussion forum and I was presenting my response to a comment on an issue on which I feel very strongly.

Should I have stayed shut? Thinking about it probably.Being a part of a forum is like being a part of a country as an individual it is important that once you become a citizen you adhere to laws and rules laid out for that land I guess the same logic applies for an internet forum, so yes making a political comments on a cricket related discussion is surely against the forum rules and I did tread on the unacceptable behavior territory but then as I said in the opening para when you go through a terrible ordeal you develop a strong opinion for certain things and you tend to not care or rationalize whether you are following the rules or not.

as for spoiling the forum atmosphere I do accept that I have been involved in verbal political duels with some other members and they have not been pleasant all the times will definitely try to keep them to minimum or nil in the future as most of the times they lead to just mud slinging.

regards, Zohaib
i know i have said that i am not going to discuss politics here but.. i just can't stand this.. i mean i don't give a fuk whether i get ban now.. because i feeel i could care less now...

I would like to know what kind of ordeal u faced from us afghans that you created this kind of hatred against us afghans...

were you verbally insulted and constantly discriminated and called "afghan, Khan and Mohajer" the way we afghans were called and insulted in Pakistan?

My friend i could never forget the day when we were traveling to Pakistan.. we were driving from afghan border toward peshawar and we were inside Pakistan when we were stopped by every single check point of Pakistani police.. we were bribed. cursed insulted and even my father and brother got assaulted..for defending our right..yet.. i didn't hold any grudges against any Pakistani people..

I remember the time when i was barely 12 working in a Pakistani restaurant in RawalPindi.. and i was ***ually abused by Pakistani men who were the customers of that restaurant... and i consider those days the worst days of my life and i still get nightmares about it.. yet i didn't hold any grudges against anyone from Pakistan..

i remember those days .. when we as kid would go to park to play cricket.. we would go at 3 o clock in the summer to get our self a nice spot to play cricket... at 6 o clock.. Pakistani people would come and kick us out of that field.. and discriminated us.. yet.. i never mention this to anyone or hold any grudges against any Pakistani people..

i remember going to islamabad.. with my school ( we had this afghan school in Rawalpindi consist of all afghan teachers and student)..we went to this Iranian library.. and during the way.. our teachers were arrested.. our books were destroyed saying that.. you afghans don't deserve to study..yet i never hold any grudge against anyone from Pakistan..

there are a lot of other experience..this was the daily routine for us afghans in Pakistan specially in islamabad.. the fights i was involved with other kids and other struggles that i faced in Pakistan and mostly caused by Pakistani people.. i never complained about it and hold grudge against anyone Pakistani.. i considered them my brother and i supported Pakistani cricket team.. you know it by this point that i have always defended Pakistani team.. regardless of how i felt politically about their politicians and some of their people.. i never generalized and thought that all Pakistani people are like those people who hurt us afghans..

I want you to share Ur ordeals.. with me.. damned.. if any of those ordeals are worse than what i went through.. i will never ever.. come to this forum.. i will be ashamed to death..

James

Cricket Web Owner
pasag came in with the friendly wanring asking for this to stop and obviously certain posters didn't listen one bit to it.

This is now a final warning where by I'd ask that for the benefit of this thread and so the moderators don't have to resort to temproary bannings to get it to stop that the discussion returns to "cricket".

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haroon sorry to hear but Xuhaib said serious personal grief, I take this as someone probably died. It's not a competition of who's had the hardest life.

Reckon you guys should just email each other and work it out.

Ah just read James post and yeah that local sports team played well Voltman.

Xuhaib

International Coach
i know i have said that i am not going to discuss politics here but.. i just can't stand this.. i mean i don't give a fuk whether i get ban now.. because i feeel i could care less now...

I would like to know what kind of ordeal u faced from us afghans that you created this kind of hatred against us afghans...

were you verbally insulted and constantly discriminated and called "afghan, Khan and Mohajer" the way we afghans were called and insulted in Pakistan?

My friend i could never forget the day when we were traveling to Pakistan.. we were driving from afghan border toward peshawar and we were inside Pakistan when we were stopped by every single check point of Pakistani police.. we were bribed. cursed insulted and even my father and brother got assaulted..for defending our right..yet.. i didn't hold any grudges against any Pakistani people..

I remember the time when i was barely 12 working in a Pakistani restaurant in RawalPindi.. and i was ***ually abused by Pakistani men who were the customers of that restaurant... and i consider those days the worst days of my life and i still get nightmares about it.. yet i didn't hold any grudges against anyone from Pakistan..

i remember those days .. when we as kid would go to park to play cricket.. we would go at 3 o clock in the summer to get our self a nice spot to play cricket... at 6 o clock.. Pakistani people would come and kick us out of that field.. and discriminated us.. yet.. i never mention this to anyone or hold any grudges against any Pakistani people..

i remember going to islamabad.. with my school ( we had this afghan school in Rawalpindi consist of all afghan teachers and student)..we went to this Iranian library.. and during the way.. our teachers were arrested.. our books were destroyed saying that.. you afghans don't deserve to study..yet i never hold any grudge against anyone from Pakistan..

there are a lot of other experience..this was the daily routine for us afghans in Pakistan specially in islamabad.. the fights i was involved with other kids and other struggles that i faced in Pakistan and mostly caused by Pakistani people.. i never complained about it and hold grudge against anyone Pakistani.. i considered them my brother and i supported Pakistani cricket team.. you know it by this point that i have always defended Pakistani team.. regardless of how i felt politically about their politicians and some of their people.. i never generalized and thought that all Pakistani people are like those people who hurt us afghans..

I want you to share Ur ordeals.. with me.. damned.. if any of those ordeals are worse than what i went through.. i will never ever.. come to this forum.. i will be ashamed to death..
As James said CW is not the place to discuss such issues you can pass me your e-mail add I can add you on my MSN.

haroon510

International 12th Man
No xuhaib how bout u kissing the fatest part of my ass..

I am tired of this ****.. I am tired of talking about politics.. And i can't believe i have been doing this in a cricket forum..i avoided political forums.. Cuz i hate this ****..

As some of you may notice.. I personally never took any topic or thread toward politics.. I have just defended what my believes are..i am tired of it.. I can't do it anymore..so i quit..i am leaving this place for good..

You xuhiab and sanz and everyone else who always took these threads and change it to political discussion for their pleasure can take this whole forum and shaved in their asses..

Farwell to all of you

i am out of here..

Xuhaib

International Coach
No xuhaib how bout u kissing the fatest part of my ass..

I am tired of this ****.. I am tired of talking about politics.. And i can't believe i have been doing this in a cricket forum..i avoided political forums.. Cuz i hate this ****..

As some of you may notice.. I personally never took any topic or thread toward politics.. I have just defended what my believes are..i am tired of it.. I can't do it anymore..so i quit..i am leaving this place for good..

You xuhiab and sanz and everyone else who always took these threads and change it to political discussion for their pleasure can take this whole forum and shaved in their asses..

Farwell to all of you

i am out of here..
its shove.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
And closed.

You'd think that some people would sense enough to give up after the Head and Vice-Head had told them to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.