• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan Hear After?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I have alot to say here.. but i will be the better person ignore it and let it go and i will request fo you all to stay with cricket.... this topic is about afghan cricket team and i will do my best to keep it politics free..

it is just pitty...that we have been the victim from both side yet..we have people who still blame us....anyways...

like i have said in the other topic.. the more we discuss stuff like this.. the more hatrate we create for each other.. and the more away we get from the great game of cricket..
The words may have seemed harsh but I was just stating my opinion which I believe is based on quite a lot of facts which I am sure you will disagree upon.

As for the topic read Riffatullah is playing for you lot how has he been performing, who are the star performers for your team?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The words may have seemed harsh but I was just stating my opinion which I believe is based on quite a lot of facts which I am sure you will disagree upon.

As for the topic read Riffatullah is playing for you lot how has he been performing, who are the star performers for your team?
He didn't play for them. Turns out he isn't qualified to play for Afghanistan despite his father being born there.

Hopefully, with the success of the Afghan side, lesser Pakistani cricketers of Afghan origin will now try their luck.

Fantastic story so far and hopefully they can win their first ODI against Scotland. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, fair play to Afghanistan. :) From what I've read the majority of the team are Pashtuns, but hopefully the higher profile cricket will have as a result of their qualification will spread the word amongst the other ethnic/tribal groups in the country.

Shame the way the thread's gone tho, without wishing to be too sanctimonious.

Xuhaib

International Coach
He didn't play for them. Turns out he isn't qualified to play for Afghanistan despite his father being born there.

Hopefully, with the success of the Afghan side, lesser Pakistani cricketers of Afghan origin will now try their luck.

Fantastic story so far and hopefully they can win their first ODI against Scotland. :)
Aah! thats a shame would have really helped the Afghan team the guy would be pretty awesome for associate level atleast.i would rate him Yasir Hameed level.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, fair play to Afghanistan. :) From what I've read the majority of the team are Pashtuns, but hopefully the higher profile cricket will have as a result of their qualification will spread the word amongst the other ethnic/tribal groups in the country.

Shame the way the thread's gone tho, without wishing to be too sanctimonious.
Shame is putting it lightly, it's a dead set disgrace

anyways, well done to the Afghans, always good to see cricket on the rise, especially in a country that has been torn apart in recent times

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good sense of humor there, buddy.

jeevan

International 12th Man
BCCI stopped having foreign teams in Duleep trophy as the results were mixed. I thought the England Lions and SL A teams lifted the tournament, while BD and Zimbabwe benefited from it (hopefully), so it was a worthwhile experiment to continue.

That would be another good place for the Afghani team. Of course, there's also IPL, but it is only T20, but intermingling with other players is probably a good way to forge some bonds.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
BCCI stopped having foreign teams in Duleep trophy as the results were mixed. I thought the England Lions and SL A teams lifted the tournament, while BD and Zimbabwe benefited from it (hopefully), so it was a worthwhile experiment to continue.

That would be another good place for the Afghani team. Of course, there's also IPL, but it is only T20, but intermingling with other players is probably a good way to forge some bonds.
Maybe fitting them in the Ranji Plate league, but any higher wouldn't have much purpose. Definitely not Duleep standard.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread has become a bit of a low point in my time at CW. If I wanted to read cross-border insults I'd spend time reading the "Comments" on footage of Pakistani / Indian stars on YouTube. I understand that tension can run pretty high but this is a cricket forum FFS and it's far better that we all allow our political views to remain out of it.

Afghanistan's rise has been very exciting and I'd love them to keep on progressing for very many reasons. I can't help feeling that there's a whole host of security concerns which may raise their heads though given the current state of the world.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Hadn't even seen the first 2 pages, filth of the youtube variety. Lock this thread and ban the culprits.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This thread has become a bit of a low point in my time at CW.
It's no different to any time Sanz\Xuhaib\haroon510\various others get going on the India-Pakistan-Afghanistan stuff - which has happened many times in the last six months. Nothing has yet been done about it and I'd guess it's thus fairly unlikely it ever will, but you never know. These things have often taken time of late.

To Xuhaib, I'd say - c'mon fella, you're better than that.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Maybe fitting them in the Ranji Plate league, but any higher wouldn't have much purpose. Definitely not Duleep standard.
You'd have to qualify that with a "yet". In a year they've jumped from ICC League division 3 to division 1 (which also entitles them to some ICC funding, I think), and gotten ODI status too.

Duleep, only because that's the only Indian domestic tournament with a precedent of foreign teams. At the moment, Ranji plate is probably the appropriate cricketing level.

Coorection: They moved from division 5 to division 1 in a year.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It's no different to any time Sanz\Xuhaib\haroon510\various others get going on the India-Pakistan-Afghanistan stuff - which has happened many times in the last six months. Nothing has yet been done about it and I'd guess it's thus fairly unlikely it ever will, but you never know. These things have often taken time of late.

If you can read, you will notice that I did not start the thing. But If I notice an inconsistency I point it. Everytime someone mentions 'Terrorists' and their connection to Pakistan, Pakistanis on this forum and elsewhere have been like 'Oh the Terrorists are a very small minority, we too are victims..most of our country is blah blah' . They are the first one who get hurt when their country's name is mentioned in case of terrorist connection despite the fact that there is a lot of truth in it.

They should be the one's more sensitive to making generalizations, Yet at the slightest opportunity one of them comes out and makes that stupid remark about Afghanistan and doesn't back down. None of the other Pakistani members (who otherwise jump to defend their country ) remained mute just like they were their countryman was laughing when people were dieing in Mumbai. Not once does one see them questioning their government, ISI.

I dont care If this gets me banned, temporarily or for good. But as long as I am a member of this forum, If I see any such inconsistency, I will point it out and If I see any Pakistani member remaining mute at a terrorist activity by his countryman and or defending him by claiming a BS like 'Non-State Actors' and defending the involvment of his country then he will get an earful from me. Call it hate, bigotry or whatever but I have had enough of their hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach

I was just pointing out why I do not want Pakistan to support Afghanistan in their cricket development though would try to stay away from political comments in the future.

Flem274*

123/5
If you can read, you will notice that I did not start the thing. But If I notice an inconsistency I point it. Everytime someone mentions 'Terrorists' and their connection to Pakistan, Pakistanis on this forum and elsewhere have been like 'Oh the Terrorists are a very small minority, we too are victims..most of our country is blah blah' . They are the first one who get hurt when their country's name is mentioned in case of terrorist connection despite the fact that there is a lot of truth in it.

They should be the one's more sensitive to making generalizations, Yet at the slightest opportunity one of them comes out and makes that stupid remark about Afghanistan and doesn't back down. None of the other Pakistani members (who otherwise jump to defend their country ) remained mute just like they were their countryman was laughing when people were dieing in Mumbai. Not once does one see them questioning their government, ISI.

I dont care If this gets me banned, temporarily or for good. But as long as I am a member of this forum, If I see any such inconsistency, I will point it out and If I see any Pakistani member remaining mute at a terrorist activity by his countryman and or defending him by claiming a BS like 'Non-State Actors' and defending the involvment of his country then he will get an earful from me. Call it hate, bigotry or whatever but I have had enough of their hypocrisy.
Sanz, just shut up. At the slightest opportunity you blow up over Pakistan being this and that. Its appearing less as political debate and more like smartarse **** stirring to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.