• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Families Draft

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm ready willing and able but not clear if its 12 or 24 - I don't want to break the rules on my first go!!

fredfertang

It's too long after getting up for this fertang to slip on these Brumby/NUFAN laid bananaskins - should have tried it a couple of hours ago lads before the days first intake of caffeine :)

fredfertang

Well i think that's 24 hours on any measurement so I shall proceed with my medical choices, a doctor first and the coroner for later

WG and EM Grace

Round arm bowling will be my secret weapon :ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
My selections are Clive Lloyd and his cousin Lance Gibbs.

Clive Lloyd was such a fantastic test batsman. He was so imposing against any pace attack. Will also make a terrific captain for my side. Brilliant in the field too, one of the greats.

Lance Gibbs is such an underrated spin bowler considering the feats he achieved over his test career. Miserly, and yet could still run through a side.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I'm thinking close family by blood, 1st cousins, uncle/nephew, brothers, father/son, grandfather/grandson and by marriage either brother in law or father in law/ son in law

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I wonder how many rounds it will take until someone picks a legend of the game and his dud first-class standard brother.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
1.1 Michaelf7777777 = Graeme Pollock and Shaun Pollock
1.2. Nufan = Ranjitsinhji and Duleepsinhji
1.3. Metallics2006
1.4. Fredfertang = WG Grace and EM Grace
1.5. Noble One = Clive Lloyd and Lance Gibbs
1.6. Boy Brumby = Mark Waugh and Steve Waugh
1.7. Archie mac/ Jamee999 = Greg Chappell and Ian Chappell
1.8. Stumpski = Micky Stewart and Alec Stewart

2.1 Stumpski
2.2 Archie mac/ Jamee999
2.3 Boy Brumby
2.4 Noble One
2.5 Fredfertang
2.6 Metallics2006
2.7 Nufan
2.8 Michaelf7777777

Metallics 2006 and Stumpski (2 picks) are up

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Going to nail my county colours to the mast straight away and select Micky and Alec Stewart. Alec needs no introduction, England's most capped Test player for one, but Stewart senior was a pretty useful player in his own right, an opening bat who might have played many more times for England if he hadn't been contemporary with the likes of Boycott and Edrich, and a world class close fielder who at one time was the only man to take seven catches in an innings (since equalled I think). He captained Surrey for most of the 60s, not a golden age in the club's history it has to be said but did lead them to the Championship in 1971, his final season. Later England's first full-time coach.