• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Families Draft

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got a left/right pair of opening bowlers/batsmen, the best seam bowler who ever lived and the original chucking mystery spinner to go with a top quality middle order and the finest 'keeper who ever drew breath - I'd like another spinner but there's just a bit of a tail there so I'll stiffen the batters resolve by picking Brain Lara as my last choice - still got a poor man's Jeff Thomson (Bill Edrich) and WG's round arm just in case the first four bowlers need a rest

WG Grace
John Edrich
Ernest Tyldesley
Brian Lara
JT Tyldesley
Bill Edrich
Alan Knott
Maurice Tate
Simon Jones
Jeff Jones
Sonny Ramadhin

Fred Tate
James Knott
EM Grace
Kyle Hogg

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Need a good bowler and captain so will go with Keith Miller for my final pick

Squad

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Vinoo Mankad
3. Everton Weekes
4. Graeme Pollock
5. Keith Miller (*)
6. Lala Amarath
7. Gudappa Viswanath
8. Mike Procter
9. Jack Gregory
10. Shaun Pollock
11. David Murray (+)

Backups: Syd Gregory, Mohinder Amarath, Anthony Procter, Ashok Mankad

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Draft now completed. Very interesting process, was great to put some research into some cricketers who don't always draw attention. From my own point of view I found it interesting to read up on some cricketers who never quite made a career at international level such as Peter Kirsten and Eric Bedser.

Do we take the ending sides to a vote? Not sure if the interest from the rest of the forum is there. Simming the results would take alot of effort too. I'm just happy discussing the ending teams. Well done to all those involved, draft moved smoothly, was all in good nature.

stumpski

International Captain
Draft now completed. Very interesting process, was great to put some research into some cricketers who don't always draw attention. From my own point of view I found it interesting to read up on some cricketers who never quite made a career at international level such as Peter Kirsten and Eric Bedser.

Do we take the ending sides to a vote? Not sure if the interest from the rest of the forum is there. Simming the results would take alot of effort too. I'm just happy discussing the ending teams. Well done to all those involved, draft moved smoothly, was all in good nature.

Yeah, same here. I've already found it very interesting and informative. Was talking about Weekes and Murray to some mates at a match on Saturday; that seems a strange scenario on the face of it though of course we don't know what help Sir Everton may have offered in private.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Quite a few blokes didn't get selected who I thought might. David & Michael Hussey, Jeff & Martin Crowe, Colin & Chris Cowdrey, Tom & David Graveney, The Jim Parks snr & jnr (two keepers for price of one) and even (given the shortage of quality seamers) Gus Fraser and his younger and less gifted bro Alistair.

stumpski

International Captain
Jim Parks's father, JH, was the only man ever to make 3000 runs and take 100 wickets in a season, a record, I think it's safe to say, that will stand for a very long time.

Yes, some notable omissions there, some I'd forgotten for sure.

Noble One

Is there not some sort of computer program that we can use to have a match?:unsure:
Requires someone with a knowledge of Virtual Cricket 4 or similar to put in a lot of time and effort. Would be great to have a simulation, just need a volunteer.....

Noble One

Some decent players who never made it.

Greig brothers
Bob Simpson and his son in-law Andrew Hilditch (good selection just for Simpson)
Crowe brothers
Two Raja brothers selected? Don't believe so
Sunil Gavaskar and Rohit Gavaskar?
Hugh and John Trumble

Last edited: