• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web CC

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Or as Goughy puts it, Pickup to organise.

Is there is interest in getting a side together for a match this summer?

I'm going to throw out a date as Sunday July 26, and see where we go from there.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great work Neil.

I was only pulling your leg, I didnt think you were contractually obliged to organise :)

If Im in Europe Ill play. Dont know for sure yet though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You know, I was just thinking about something like this - I'll be in Paris during that time, so I would love to come by if at all possible.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Unlikely that work will give me time off at that time, but will push for it on Monday.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Given Nathaniel's track record for knobbery, I would suggest the latter.

As to other questions - we've done large scale meetups before but not full on matches (though those things really aren't hard to organise if you have the players, I've done that countless times), I reckon Southern/Central England is probably the likely location (Warks/Worcs/Oxon/Northants) but genuinely it will be derived from who wants to play and who I can find to host us.

Jamee, I do not trust (a) your knowledge of the rules, (b) your ability to avoid intimidation from gob****e wicketkeepers or (c) your likelihood to give decisions based on what is most amusing rather than correct.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Given Nathaniel's track record for knobbery, I would suggest the latter.

As to other questions - we've done large scale meetups before but not full on matches (though those things really aren't hard to organise if you have the players, I've done that countless times), I reckon Southern/Central England is probably the likely location (Warks/Worcs/Oxon/Northants) but genuinely it will be derived from who wants to play and who I can find to host us.

Jamee, I do not trust (a) your knowledge of the rules, (b) your ability to avoid intimidation from gob****e wicketkeepers or (c) your likelihood to give decisions based on what is most amusing rather than correct.
Jamee will be our star

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We should form a club and have various chapters, like some of those wonderful English clubs like I Zingari.

Langeveldt

Soutie
We should form a club and have various chapters, like some of those wonderful English clubs like I Zingari.
Keen as, but I don't think I'm going to England until next summer, and thats only for a working holiday.. Best of luck with the organization, wish I could make it

bagapath

International Captain
i am very likely to be in leeds/ manchester in july - august. hope i get to join you guys for one game at least wherever it happens. will start practicing my off-breaks anyway.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Or as Goughy puts it, Pickup to organise.

Is there is interest in getting a side together for a match this summer?

I'm going to throw out a date as Sunday July 26, and see where we go from there.
Do you guys ever get around to actually doing it ?

I have been willing to come all the way from India but have never heard anything beyond the original enthusiasm. Or maybe you feel a sixty year old is not of much use to the side.

I might surprise you, you know :)

I will come if this is firmed up.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A game should be a regular thing. Once the first one is done (this will be the tough one) then Im sure we can do it frequently.