• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geraint Jones

Should England pick Geraint Jones as w/k?

• Yes chuck him in

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • He should go on the winter tour if Stewie doesn't

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No he is too old, we need a younger player

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No he doesn't yet have the experience required

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah a useful 8-64 followed by a couple of early wickets in the second dig.

What does everyone think of Ed Smith as an England hopeful? I reckon he could be (is, rather) a better prospect than Robert Key.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazza said:
Yeah a useful 8-64 followed by a couple of early wickets in the second dig.

What does everyone think of Ed Smith as an England hopeful? I reckon he could be (is, rather) a better prospect than Robert Key.
He's not young or ugly enough. Just ask Rich :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Actually Rik his only 26, which is still very young compared to the current Test side.

His scored 745 runs at just below 50 so far this season, hit 4 out of his last 5 inngs for 100's and always around the 1000 mark each and every season.

And unlike R.Key - Ed Smith can bat down the order, as he began life as a Kent opener but as Fults, Key and now Carberry have come along he has been more than happy to bat lower (normally 3)

And his overall Career stats read better than Key's

ET Smith

Matches - 106
Innings - 180
NO's - 10
Runs - 6606
Highest Score - 190
Avg - 38.85
100's - 15
50's - 31

I blieve that only 1 person's stats are more impressive at the club, but Fults isn't likly to get a call now.. espically if 2000+ runs @ 75 wasn't enough ;)

Oh and G Jones are miles better (avg 60 now) but I have to be fair that Ed has play a few more games :saint:

Last edited:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well I think he's pretty minging :P

Now James Anderson......mmmm......:D :saint:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
No chance!!!! He's still my fav :D :D I was just thinking about the England team when i said about Anderson:P