• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sidharth Monga : Gifted writer or Biased ****?

Is Sid Monga biased?

• Total voters

martin88

Banned
His latest article.

Cricinfo - A job well done by professional India

Excerpts:

India as a professional unit did what was required to win the series, as they were expected to. They showed early aggression in Hamilton, character and resolve in Napier, and circumspection, induced by their dismal overseas record, in Wellington. But the way they played the first two Tests is a serious warning to Australia and South Africa; they could play their natural flashy game, but they could just as well bat for close to seven sessions to save a Test.
I like his writing style and that for once, Cricinfo has an Indian-biased writer. However, it becomes jarring when the bias becomes overtly obvious and is at the expense of the opposition who did compete in the series.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think he's being biased, credit's due in this situation. I'm not an Indian fan at all (i'm probably as impartial a cricket fan as you're going to get- but everyone has their prejudices) and i don't disagree with anything he said.

rahul_m

Cricket Spectator
I don't think he has a prominent bias as such. His articles are quite well-written and gives credit where due. He may have a bit of a bias, but there are worse examples of biased writers that Sidharth almost seems to be neutral.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I think you need more poll options, he's not incredibly biased (though he definitely has a bit of schoolboy hero worship about his writing) but he rarely dishes out any really harsh criticism. More centre leaning heavily towards India.

HMas

U19 12th Man
cricinfo is all about india and most articles are full of india this india that....

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
cricinfo is all about india and most articles are full of india this india that....
Cricinfo is probably a bit more centred around India more than it is about other sides but that's because most of the interest in the game is in India! That said the coverage of Australian, English and South African cricket is generally excellent, it's county coverage in particular is great. It's coverage of Pakistani cricket is relatively poor because it's so badly organised, there aren't enough decent english speaking pakistani correspondents and it's too ridiculously politicised and corrupt to be interesting anymore. Also the Pakistani national team's decline in recent times hasn't helped things.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He is not biased, his writting is just poor and the Kleenex stuff is just so much full of crap, it misses the point almost every time and focuses the story on idiotic things.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
It doesn't come accross to me as being overly biased, although there are some writers on that website that can't hise their Indian bias from their writings.

That particular article was about the Indian team too, and not the series as a whole. If it was meant to be an analysis of both teams then it certainly was wanting, but I don't believe that this was the intention.

cheers

Xuhaib

International Coach
Cricinfo is probably a bit more centred around India more than it is about other sides but that's because most of the interest in the game is in India! That said the coverage of Australian, English and South African cricket is generally excellent, it's county coverage in particular is great. It's coverage of Pakistani cricket is relatively poor because it's so badly organised, there aren't enough decent english speaking pakistani correspondents and it's too ridiculously politicised and corrupt to be interesting anymore. Also the Pakistani national team's decline in recent times hasn't helped things.
And you have all this in-depth knowledge while you are sitting infront of your laptop in your cozy little room all the way back in England.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
And you have all this in-depth knowledge while you are sitting infront of your laptop in your cozy little room all the way back in England.
Don't know what you are trying to debate here ?

a. Are you claiming that Pakistan Cricket is very organized ?
b. Pakistani cricket is not politicized and corrupt ?
c. Or that there many qualified english speaking correspondents in Pakistan ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not sure if he's a good or bad writer, but the guy is damn annoying when he does Cricinfo ball-by-ball commentary. The furthest thing from funny, yet thinks he's hilarious. WAC

Ruckus

International Captain
I love the title of this thread. Its like there is no intermediate option - he is either gifted or biased **** haha.