• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia are playing like England though.

Slow in the powerplay.
Collapses.
Can't bat against spinners.
Except we're doing it against South Africa, and the Poms are doing it against the West Indies. :cool:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Incredibly undermanned bowling attack in these ODIs. Who's next in line I wonder?

Mind you, still with Bracken, Hopes, Symonds there's potentially 30 overs from experienced guys.
Only problem is how good those 30 overs will be. Roy is likely to bowl offies in the UAE and that is never a pretty sight.

inbox24

International Debutant
It's sick to think that Hopes and Symonds can bowl 10 overs each in ODI cricket, absolutely sick.

Hopes is a part timer at best good for 5-6 max and not at the death. Symonds' bowling has dropped off entirely, 2-3 novelty overs at best.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hopes is a part timer who has an economy of 4.32, at a tad over 30. I'd be happy with that any time.

Just because he looks innocuous; by the same theorem Chris Harris shouldn't have ever bowled a ball at ODI level. He's more than suited to the lower wickets of the sub-continent. I wouldn't have him in my first choice ODI line-up, but there's nothing wrong with notching him down for at least 7 or 8 overs a game going into the match.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's sick to think that Hopes and Symonds can bowl 10 overs each in ODI cricket, absolutely sick.

Hopes is a part timer at best good for 5-6 max and not at the death. Symonds' bowling has dropped off entirely, 2-3 novelty overs at best.
I used to feel that way about Hopes, but every time I have, he's proven me wrong with very good economy and the ability to pick up wickets regularly.

Ok so he's not Nathan Bracken, but not every ODI bowler can be. He's reliable and economical and plugs some of the hole that McGrath left when he retired.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, this is a no-win situation for Pak here. They win, it's just Australia B. They lose, they lose to Australia B.

Though they might just be happy to play some cricket.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well, this is a no-win situation for Pak here. They win, it's just Australia B. They lose, they lose to Australia B.

Though they might just be happy to play some cricket.
Actually they’re really not under that much pressure. They are expected to lose, even to a weakened Aus side. I think if they put up any type of a spirited fight, most people will be content. Like you said, Pakistanis will be happy just to see them play some cricket.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Actually they’re really not under that much pressure. They are expected to lose, even to a weakened Aus side. I think if they put up any type of a spirited fight, most people will be content. Like you said, Pakistanis will be happy just to see them play some cricket.
C'mon dude we are no Bangladesh that only a spirited fight should make us happy if we win then hats off to the blokes but if its a loss then questioned should be asked no excuses that we have not played for ages this not the all conquering Aus of old it is quite a beatable team.

Fusion

Global Moderator
C'mon dude we are no Bangladesh that only a spirited fight should make us happy if we win then hats off to the blokes but if its a loss then questioned should be asked no excuses that we have not played for ages this not the all conquering Aus of old it is quite a beatable team.
I don’t disagree with what you say, I was merely talking about expectations. I don’t think I’m wrong in thinking that most people do not expect Pakistan to win.