• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak squad against Aus announced

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't get Saeed Ajmal, he doesn't strike me as a wicket taking spinner and I don't see what he does that Afridi or Malik can't do.

Surely this will be last hurrah for Shoaib; he looked awful against Sri Lanka. Though, good to see Arafat in the side, hopefully he is given the new ball.

And Ahmed Shehzad comes into the side with a lot of hype. Looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully unlike the hype surrounding those two pacers who played against Sri Lanka (Khan and Talha), it is deserved.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don't get Saeed Ajmal, he doesn't strike me as a wicket taking spinner and I don't see what he does that Afridi or Malik can't do.

Surely this will be last hurrah for Shoaib; he looked awful against Sri Lanka. Though, good to see Arafat in the side, hopefully he is given the new ball.

And Ahmed Shehzad comes into the side with a lot of hype. Looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully unlike the hype surrounding those two pacers who played against Sri Lanka (Khan and Talha), it is deserved.
Nothing extraordinary from what I have seen.

Matt79

Global Moderator
lol good to Akhtar back from his most recent life-ban 8-)

Does anyone even expect to take the field fully fit?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Abdul Qadir, apparently...

Chief selector Abdul Qadir said that he was impressed by the progress made by Shoaib as far as his fitness is concerned.

"He (Shoaib) was bowling at 140 kilometres per hour today and his fitness looked good," said Qadir.
Source: Rawalpindi Express still on track

Ask Qadir and he will tell you that the Rawalpindi Express is ready to unleash his firepower against the Australians. “Shoaib was given a clean chit by the team’s trainers but we needed more proof,” he said. “We asked him (Shoaib) to attend a practice session where he was told to bowl four overs at a stretch. He bowled them at around 140 (km/h) while one of his deliveries even touched the 149 (km/h) mark.

He was the only fast bowler, who didn’t bowl a single no-ball during that session. There is no doubt in my mind that he is fully fit,” he said
Source: Shoaib is back, yet again!

Xuhaib

International Coach
He has not been forgotten by the Pakistan selectors, as he has been selected for Pakistan 'A' to take on Pakistan in a practice match in April 15.

Source: Pakistan Cricket Board - official website
Great now one bad game and they have totally forgotten about Talha who is much better then what he showed in the ill fated Lahore test and leave alone the fact thy continue to select Faisal Iqbal instead of deservng talents like Umer Amin. I HATE THIS CURRNT BOARD.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Great now one bad game and they have totally forgotten about Talha who is much better then what he showed in the ill fated Lahore test and leave alone the fact thy continue to select Faisal Iqbal instead of deservng talents like Umer Amin. I HATE THIS CURRNT BOARD.
Talha does have a pretty shocking OD record though, which I'm sure the selectors noted. He has 23 OD wickets at 36.56 with an economy of 5.81.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Talha does have a pretty shocking OD record though, which I'm sure the selectors noted. He has 23 OD wickets at 36.56 with an economy of 5.81.
Thats fair enough but would have kept him as part of the set up even if he was not to get a game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Perhaps - he supposed to be sharpish, apparently.
A very much rthym bowler who is far from a finished product yet. He consistently has problems with his run up and can look very ordinary when that happens but if he is bowling in full flow he is very dangerous bowler ( I have witnessed it) since he generates awkward bounce at sharp pace. I think he had a two over spell in the Lahore test when he bowled like that and troubled Sanga but then he suddenly bowled 5 consecutiove no-balls and he was back to a hesitant run-up to avoid over stepping which made him loose his pace and effectivness.

Not to forget last season this guy barely played 3-4 games and averaged loads so this shows he is very much on the learning and improvement curve.