Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** West Indies in England

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Denesh Ramdin is a grade-A **** for gifting Boeta Dippenaar his maiden First-Class wicket for 6. He'd only bowled 6.1 overs in his First-Class career before now and is 31 years old.
    Ramdin dismissed by Dippenaar! Lol. Typical Ramdin really, pretty 30 then out softly.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Denesh Ramdin is a grade-A **** for gifting Boeta Dippenaar his maiden First-Class wicket for 6. He'd only bowled 6.1 overs in his First-Class career before now and is 31 years old.
    Which matters for what reason, exactly...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Was probably going for quick runs.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Just wanted to add I'm pleased, even from the viewpoint of an opposition supporter, that West Indies are getting some decent weather and some time in the middle, even if it is against a less than full strength Leicestershire. They've come over at the last minute to help us out (next year it's Bangladesh so the IPL shouldn't be too much of an issue), and when they were last here had atrocious weather and saw barely a ball bowled before the first Test. So I for one am glad that they're getting some sort of reward. Good weather is set to continue for a few more days too.

My thoughts after watching today's play:

Lendl Simmons was very impressive. He could have batted forever against that attack but he retired hurt to let someone else have a go. The most pleasing aspect of his innings was that most of his runs came through the off-side. He was particularly strong on the off drive. Interestingly he kept wicket for West Indies while Ramdin fielded at mid-off and kept pretty tidily as well. Brendan Nash - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz seriously nobody should have to watch him bat for 2 sessions. Thank God he retired hurt as well because he was not going to be dismissed (before I get moaned at I know he forms an absolutely vital part of our middle-order. I just hate watching him bat).

As for the Windies bowlers, Lionel Baker was very disappointing. He presented a rookie batsman with endless half volleys and let them off the hook. Andrew Richardson was extremely impressive. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall and solidly built, was getting disconcerting bounce on a pathetically slow pitch. He got Tom New out with a short ball that got big on the batsman and resulted in an easy catch at gully.

Leicestershire had a couple of promising young bowlers on display. Alexy Wyatt was extremely accurate and got decent outswing more often than not. He really was military medium pace though and thereforewill need to put on a couple of yards of pace. Harry Gurney looked like an extremely useful left arm seamer too. He was brisk without being express and kept coming at the batsman all day. He was impressively accurate to boot.

Btw Ramdin knew that the Windies innings was going to end after 100 overs and decided to charge down the wicket to Dippenaar. He hit it pretty well but the long on fielder took an excellent catch.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Lionel Baker was very disappointing. He presented a rookie batsman with endless half volleys and let them off the hook. Andrew Richardson was extremely impressive.
    £10 on Baker playing the first Test
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    £10 on Baker playing the first Test
    I'm unsure what is so special about him. He has clearly been marked out by people who have seen him at age-group level or in the nets, since his domestic record is so poor, and I'm just wondering what is so special.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    I'm unsure what is so special about him. He has clearly been marked out by people who have seen him at age-group level or in the nets, since his domestic record is so poor, and I'm just wondering what is so special.
    When he takes 13 wickets in a test the newspapers can have 'Baker's Dozen' as the headline

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    I'm just wondering what is so special.
    see: Saj Mahmood

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Btw Ramdin knew that the Windies innings was going to end after 100 overs and decided to charge down the wicket to Dippenaar. He hit it pretty well but the long on fielder took an excellent catch.
    Personally, I would've preferred it if Ramdin had batted until tomorrow morning, instead of us declaring this evening....

The object of these warm-up games is to get some vital practice under the belt. And Ramdin needs batting practice, especially in English conditions....

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    see: Saj Mahmood
    Baker doesn't even have pace though - from what I've seen he bowls at 85mph.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    When he takes 13 wickets in a test the newspapers can have 'Baker's Dozen' as the headline
    Interesting faith in Lional, there.

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    Personally, I would've preferred it if Ramdin had batted until tomorrow morning, instead of us declaring this evening....

The object of these warm-up games is to get some vital practice under the belt. And Ramdin needs batting practice, especially in English conditions....
    Both teams agreed to only face 100 overs in the first innings so Ramdin only had 3 deliveries left and was trying to get as many runs as possible.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Lionel Baker from what I've seen of him, seems to be the man Gayle goes to when he attempts to gain a bit of control, in terms of quiet passages of play, an economical spell, testing the patience of the batsmen, and tempting them with a disciplined line outside off stump. Never looks very threatening at all mind, and may have few answers should anyone decide to attack him.

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information