• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australis A be granted test status?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but Kallis' economy is weoful this series. And I still think Flintoff is up there in tests, but of course, if he wasnt, it wouldnt do White any harm (if he returns from injuury :( )

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Prince EWS said:
Yeah but Kallis' economy is weoful this series. And I still think Flintoff is up there in tests, but of course, if he wasnt, it wouldnt do White any harm (if he returns from injuury :( )
His batting average of 19 and bowling average of 47 tell their own story. Although I really hope this goes down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But i think the form he is showing the ODIs will carry on to the tests. His bowling has improved out of sight since he returned from injury.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Agreed, but Kallis is one heck of a player and whilst Freddy has the potential to equal - or better - Jacques, he's got to turn it on regularly like Kallis does (forget the WC) to be ranked as #1 in my mind.

And IMO Flintoff > Cairns as Cairns' international career is all but over now :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I think Flintoff's test stats will improve. If you consider he missed pretty much all of last summer and The Ashes, he hasn't had a chance to play regularly in tests for 18 months, and judging by his one day form, he's come a long way baby!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
watson hasd the potential to be as good i think, but well, we will have to wait and see, hopefully after this break he will not injure himself much more

Bichels good, but doesn't quite bat as consistantly, lehman is too overweight :P, Clarke and Ponting dont bowl much cause in Australia we dont need out batsmen to bowl ;)