• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it time to sack dave hussey

brockley

International Captain
I have had it with him.
Just want to see if their is anyone out their who actually believes he should still be their.
For mine,my thoughts are he is a flat track domestic cricket bully.
Anyone else out their think its time to end his international career?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Man of the match with a brilliant innings 2 games a go, have you ever heard the term 'knee jerk reaction'?

Evermind

International Debutant
To me, he's a bit like Australia's Yuvraj. Pretty good in limited overs, but absolutely not test-quality.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I have had it with him.
Just want to see if their is anyone out their who actually believes he should still be their.
For mine,my thoughts are he is a flat track domestic cricket bully.
Anyone else out their think its time to end his international career?
To me, he's a bit like Australia's Yuvraj. Pretty good in limited overs, but absolutely not test-quality.
Don't rate him at all in ODIs. He's never convinced me.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes please. He had a shocking home summer. I think he only had two innings above 50 in 10 games. He really only made it on the tour because he got 70 odd in the 2nd last ODI against N.Z.

From what I've seen of him he hasn't been that great, he's far too inconsistent which is a reflection on his domestic career record. Symonds should come straight in for him for the England ODIs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surely Huss is just keeping Symonds place warm.

Keep him in the 20/20s, boot him out of the ODI side.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Test quality?

1. Looking at his FC record, he looks as though he is Test quality
2. What does Test wuality have to do with ODIs and 20/20?
3. I don't think he has even been selected for a Test squad let alone played a Test

Jakester1288

International Regular
He is a test quality player, but at the moment there isn't a position in the team, but soon I reckon his brother might make way for him.

He is also a good limited over player, look at a couple of his good knocks and his tour of the West Indies last year and you will see that. He hasn't quite found his consistency he has in domestic cricket, but he should remain in the ODI team while Symonds is out, the Twenty20 team and hopefully he will find himself in the test match side soon, but Ferguson might take the first vaccant position.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
He been inconsistent for most of his domestic career apart from a couple standout periods here and there. Not sure why anyone is suprised he hasn't preformed consistently at ODI level. Was never good enough in the first place. Should bring North in, his a finisher and can bowl and is a better fielder. Though he was even more inconsistent at domestic level with the bat for most of his career as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately, Duss is just one of several guys who are all trying to prove themselves at once, and it makes for an uncertain and under-performing side IMO.

To me, Clarke is completely and utterly wasted at number one, and Haddin's pretty much the same, though I see him as more capable than Clarke in that role.

Assuming fitness and form are all well for the Aussies, then this side bears little if any resemblance to a full strength outfit. It's little wonder they're struggling for consistency really.

Personally, if they're all about the place I'd have:

Watson
Darsh
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey, M
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Hauritz
Bracken

Maybe some tinkering with the bowlers, but that's not a bad outfit really. Four front line bowlers, two of whom (Lee and Bracken) are top shelf. The bits and pieces 10 overs to come from Watson/ Symonds/ Clarke. If either of Johnson or Hauritz aren't the mustard, then Clark/ Tait/ Siddle et al are all on the edges of the side and worth including.

Edit: It may well be I've completely over-looked one or more players who should either be certainties or at least in with a shout, but frankly I care so little for ODI cricket these days that I really couldn't give a fig if I have.

Honestly, care factor zero for this ODI series, same for ours at home as well. I've always preferred tests but have enjoyed ODIs all the same. I don't know why, but I'm seriously becoming just about completely and utterly ****ty about ODIs now days.

Maybe they need a two year moratorium on ODIs, then bring them back. Might make me appreciate them a bit more.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Unfortunately, Duss is just one of several guys who are all trying to prove themselves at once, and it makes for an uncertain and under-performing side IMO.

To me, Clarke is completely and utterly wasted at number one, and Haddin's pretty much the same, though I see him as more capable than Clarke in that role.

Assuming fitness and form are all well for the Aussies, then this side bears little if any resemblance to a full strength outfit. It's little wonder they're struggling for consistency really.

Personally, if they're all about the place I'd have:

Watson
Darsh
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey, M
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Hauritz
Bracken

Maybe some tinkering with the bowlers, but that's not a bad outfit really. Four front line bowlers, two of whom (Lee and Bracken) are top shelf. The bits and pieces 10 overs to come from Watson/ Symonds/ Clarke. If either of Johnson or Hauritz aren't the mustard, then Clark/ Tait/ Siddle et al are all on the edges of the side and worth including.

Edit: It may well be I've completely over-looked one or more players who should either be certainties or at least in with a shout, but frankly I care so little for ODI cricket these days that I really couldn't give a fig if I have.

Honestly, care factor zero for this ODI series, same for ours at home as well. I've always preferred tests but have enjoyed ODIs all the same. I don't know why, but I'm seriously becoming just about completely and utterly ****ty about ODIs now days.

Maybe they need a two year moratorium on ODIs, then bring them back. Might make me appreciate them a bit more.
Swap Watson with Haddin, IMO. Not much between them as openers but Watson's much, much better than Haddin down the order.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Cos Australia lose a lot more of them then they did 3 years ago? :p;)

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
He's been a disappointment right through the summer. He's fired twice - once getting 52 in Melbourne and a very good 79 against NZ in Adelaide. Aside from that, he's been pretty ineffective. One of the Australian ODI side's sore spots, along with the opening position, which Clarke looks ill-suited to occupy and which Warner failed miserably in.

His bowling has been pretty feckless, too, although, looking at his List A record, I'm not that surprised. Are there any better-performed ODD middle-order batsmen out there?

Evermind

International Debutant

ODIs, like in football, should only be played once every 4 years for the WC. Will make the world cup more fun and the teams can concentrate on the tests. Imagine if England played like a 7-match series with France every single year in football. Would anyone care about international football if it were on every other day?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Problem is, the game of football/soccer is still the same, whether they play internationals or club.

Imagine how **** teams would be at ODIs if they only played it once every 4 years. Its different to test cricket obviously.

With regards to Dave Hussey, I've been a big fan. I have a running joke with my mate (for 3 years now), where i'm the Dave Hussey fan, and he's the Cam White fan. Whenever one fails, and the other succeeds, we rib each other.

Fair to say there hasn't been much ribbing lately, seeing as they both have been crap.

inbox24

International Debutant
Talk about the knee jerk in this thread. He hasn't even been picked for the tests yet and there are calls to drop him. Considering how well Ponting, Cameron White and the whole team in general are doing at the moment, there's no reason to drop him at all.

If he had been picked earlier, we wouldn't have even had this thread.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cos Australia lose a lot more of them then they did 3 years ago? :p;)
Haha - you got me :p

No, honestly, Australia generally have a mud period between WCs when they pretty much have a re-assessment of the side looking towards the next one. It happened with S Waugh's forcing out of the team pre-2003, and IIRC (but it's difficult coz they all blend into one) there was a period of introspection pre-2007 as well as the side was sorted out for that tourney.

It's purely a personal thing with me. Maybe I need to get rid of Foxtel, because it seems there's almost blanket coverage of every ODI series these days, whereas before we'd only get home series or the tours which were covered on FTA TV.

Of course, I could also just choose not to watch. But it's cricket, so when it's on it's difficult not to watch :).