• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it time to sack dave hussey

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Would much rather see Ferguson given a long term go at the spot than Duss. He's looked comfortable nearly every time he's played (but hasn't had the chance to go on and make a big score), while Duss just hasn't stepped up barring one (admittedly very good) innings.

Feel sorry for him though, players peak and trough at different times, he's had his peak in domestics, while going through a bad trough just as he stepped into an international role. As to why, who knows, but I'd like to see him sent back to pile on some more runs for his state, because whatever he's doing now just isn't working.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would much rather see Ferguson given a long term go at the spot than Duss. He's looked comfortable nearly every time he's played (but hasn't had the chance to go on and make a big score), while Duss just hasn't stepped up barring one (admittedly very good) innings.

Feel sorry for him though, players peak and trough at different times, he's had his peak in domestics, while going through a bad trough just as he stepped into an international role. As to why, who knows, but I'd like to see him sent back to pile on some more runs for his state, because whatever he's doing now just isn't working.
Scoring well for Victoria doesn't help selection; ask Hodge and Rogers. Better to not be Victorian (for many reasons); ask Klinger and Rogers!

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Scoring well for Victoria doesn't help selection; ask Hodge and Rogers. Better to not be Victorian (for many reasons); ask Klinger and Rogers!
Certainly worked for him thus far didn't it? I mean, he's in the side, arguably being given a longer run than he deserves.

Top_Cat

Certainly worked for him thus far didn't it? I mean, he's in the side, arguably being given a longer run than he deserves.
Ironically getting a long run after a fairly ordinary season in SS cricket and few highlights in FR Cup matches. Shame after building up so much interest in the bank, a regular opportunity has corresponded with a lean patch domestically.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ironically getting a long run after a fairly ordinary season in SS cricket and few highlights in FR Cup matches. Shame after building up so much interest in the bank, a regular opportunity has corresponded with a lean patch domestically.
He's been pretty bloody consistent in Ford Ranger Cup over many years now, though. Even when he was poor in the SS.

Top_Cat

He's been pretty bloody consistent in Ford Ranger Cup over many years now, though. Even when he was poor in the SS.
That was sorta my point; after being awesome for so long, he finally gets an opportunity to cement a place when his form has dipped. I mean, he still averaged 50+ this FRC season but no big scores. The selectors have essentially picked him out of form which sucks for him. Poor timing.

Josh

International Regular
I don't think his form has dipped, I just think he's struggling to find himself in the dynamic of this team, because let's face it it is vastly different to the Victorian team so it may just take a bit longer to get adjusted. Seen some strokes of brilliance from him with both bat and ball; he just need to figure out his role and I think once he does we will forget about this thread.

irfan

State Captain
Have always been a fan - just needs a bit of time to settle. Once he gets going he's one of the more talented shotmakers in Australia. Underrated bowler too, very handy offies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He was utterly embarrassed by Steyn tonight.

Not good enough for intl cricket it seems. A shame.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
lol-now we have cricketers who specialize in T20 and nothing else,i knew the day will come when it will happen.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Give him a crack in the test matches after Symonds returns and there is no other injured batsmen awaiting return. Perhaps after the Ashes he should/could replace his brother if his brother continues failing.

Burgey

It's not that he necessarily should be "sacked", it's just when Australia is at full strength there are other players who bat in his spot(s) who are better than him.

Which is a polite way of saying he should be sacked, I guess :).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's not that he necessarily should be "sacked", it's just when Australia is at full strength there are other players who bat in his spot(s) who are better than him.

Which is a polite way of saying he should be sacked, I guess :).
Exactly. In the end, the guy is a replacement for those who aren't currently available. He's had his chance to stake his claim to keep his spot ahead of those guys, and hasn't taken it.

In the end, are there other guys who would have done much better batting at 5 who aren't in the current squad? Probably not, IMO.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Exactly. In the end, the guy is a replacement for those who aren't currently available. He's had his chance to stake his claim to keep his spot ahead of those guys, and hasn't taken it.

In the end, are there other guys who would have done much better batting at 5 who aren't in the current squad? Probably not, IMO.
I reckon his brother isn't a bad shout. Or Michael Clarke (someone end his suffering as an opener please).