• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Bracken - Better as a LM or a LFM?

Shri

Mr. Glass
When does Bracken bowl better? I have always thought its impossible to score runs of this guy when he bowls medium pace with the keeper standing up close to the stumps. And I have seen him being hit for a few runs in his initial overs when he bowls Fast medium with the keeper standing back with the slip cordon. When does he look better as a bowler? LM or LFM?

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I always thought his left armers worked better than his right armers. No matter what pace he operates at. :dry:

Polo23

International Debutant
Pretty dumb question considering he's a left armer.

Oh, and he's rubbish at the death but superb with the new ball. So that should answer your question.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Is there a suicide emoticon available?

Till one is made, /wrists.

Question fixed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right now, Bracken's LM = Left arm mud, and his LFM = Left arm ****ing mud.

Not bowling well atm, imo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gilchrist used to stand up to the stumps to Bracken when he was bowling both medium-paced cutters and fast-medium seam, as long as he wasn't bowling with the new-ball where it was really swinging.

Only time he ever has the wicketkeeper standing back is when he's bowling swing with the new-ball.

Complicated thing is that Bracken is actually more than capable of bowling genuinely fast - he just doesn't do it very often.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing that really can't be denied is that the whole left-arm around the wicket cutters thing has worked remarkably well for Nath Bracken for a long time. That said, he seems to bowl them better at the death if he's had a decent new-ball spell.

Quite amazing how annoyed people get when he shortens his run-up, though. It's a negative style of bowling in that he's not explicitely looking for wickets but it's got him plenty over the last few years and is usually quite effective at putting the brakes on. Burgey's post spot-on, I reckon.