• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Ranks the Bowlers

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
No way. Doubt the Top 50 would have more then 3 Indians in it.
Kapil is sure among fast bowlers...and supposing you are going to have 10-15 spinners among top 50 bowlers, I don't see how you won't have more than 2 Indian spinners...

And Nissar and Amar will also be two big contenders, but that's a different story...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Sydney Barnes
3. Glenn McGrath
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Muttiah Muralitharan
7. Shane Warne
8. Dennis Lillee
9. Imran Khan
10. Bill O'Reilly
11. Wasim Akram
12. Fred Trueman
13. Waqar Younis
14. Joel Garner
15. Ray Lindwall
16. Jim Laker
17. Michael Holding
18. Fred Spofforth
19. Allan Donald
20. Clarrie Grimmett
21. George Lohmann
22. Alan Davidson
23. Andy Roberts
24. Shaun Pollock
25. Keith Miller

Five spinners is definitely an improvement over the previous edition. Trueman and Spofforth dropped several places and Murali couldn't hold on to his #2 spot.

Thoughts on the results?
Hmmm, I would have Hadlee and Murali before McGrath and Ambrose, and Lohmann somewhere in the middle of those four...Also would move Davidson up a bit, and probably swap Grimmet and Laker...But that's my personal choice, and this is CW's list...A very good one...But somehow I like the batsmen's list more than this one (maybe because of mainly Lohmann)...

And once again congrats to adharcric, this was a great ranking system...certainly better than the system adopted last time...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Good work on this adharcric.

I love the fact that Clarrie Grimmett (last Test March 1936) is a "NEW ENTRY".

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm, I would have Hadlee and Murali before McGrath and Ambrose, and Lohmann somewhere in the middle of those four...Also would move Davidson up a bit, and probably swap Grimmet and Laker...
DWTA. But that as you said, it's a communal list.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So based on the Batsman and Bowler lists we can piece together an Australian team consisting of:

Trumper
xxx
Bradman
Chappell
Ponting
Border
xxx
Warne
Lillee
O'Reilly
McGrath

Reserves: Waugh, Lindwall, Grimmett, Davidson, Miller.

Only the other opener spot and the keeper spot to fill.

bagapath

International Captain
here is the all-time XI from the two lists

hobbs
grace
bradman (c)
tendulkar
richards
sobers
gilchrist (wk) ------- wild card
marshall
barnes