• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Do You Rate Somerset's New Site?

How Good is the new Official Site?

• Excellent! Publicity Matters have done a fine Job!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • OK but About as Good as the Old One

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Not great, My Five year Old Son Could Design a More Appealing Site

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Shocking, No Contact Details, Poor Content and general Lack of Links and generally, any thought what

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • What site? I can't find it!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a tough one I know but how do you rate Somerset's new website at: www.somersetcountycc.co.uk ??

It has been launched amid a whisper of publicity to the extent that I only found out about it when someone on grockles.com happened upon it by chance. I think its much worse than the current one, has several unbelievably rude messages from the upper echelons of the club and lacks all the forethought that should go into a project on the web of this importance.

But enough of my sniping, what do you think???

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How did you hear about my 5-year-old Son?

Who told you?

I'll kill him... I'll kill you too... and you... I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!

Sorry.

Back to the point. It looks like something a skunk **** after a night on the tiles, it's woefully short on content, you can't get around without seeing sniping aimed at SomersetTalk/Grockles, and it's the same design as Gloucestershire CCC's site. It also has no e-mail contact details, but I guess it cuts down on the ****-filled abusive messages from fans who can't be arsed to (or as Anderson would say, can't) write.

Rant Over.

B*****ds.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Touché

Classic rant and all completely right Neil!!

Touché or is that touchey??

thought of a limerick yet??

Langeveldt

Soutie
The new site bears a resemblance to the current team and atmosphere at the county ground at the moment..

DESPITE BEING FROM SOMERSET, I AM NOT A CIDERMAN!!!!! :!( :!(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've certainly no axe to grind about Somerset CCC, but that new 'site' is laughable.

The snide diatribe by Clarke aimed at other websites is utterly laughable, totally deserving of the contempt with which it has been widely received.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I may have done, just for a laugh.
Congratulations, marc. You have won this week's star prize - you are the new Public Relations Manager for Somerset CCC.

(well, the position DOES appear to be vacant)