• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pepler Sandri

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know anything about this South African fast-medium bowler who Sussex have just signed?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I watched his debut Franchise OD game against Titans.

I tuned in to watch Kleinveldt but he was **** and Sandri was the best bowler on display for Cobras. Bowled with good gas and was dangerous. He was the talk of all the guys in the comentry booth.

God knows what happened to his career after that. Didnt get another game that season.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aga, Dwayne Smith, Collymore, Sandri... Sussex are taking the piss, mind you that is an awful bowling attack.

Haven't seen Sandri play in a long time but rumour has it he is a bigger **** then Vernon Philander and it is not a great sign that he couldn't get into one of the worst bowling attacks going domestically this year. Hope he has more success then Dominic Telo who went from WP amateur side straight into Derbyshire's second XI in a mere matter of weeks. Telo is the player the BBC reported was on the verge of a Proteas call-up. :laugh:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah plus Yassir Arafat. We have a total of 10 seamers in our squad.
Is Rana Naved coming back? When was the last time Sussex actually produced a decent FC player from their own academy? I remember when they won the double Mark Nicholas wrote an article about how amazing the Sussex team was and how they played like an international side with no weak links, it was all bollocks as you would expect, they won because they had Mushtaq Ahmed.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Is Rana Naved coming back? When was the last time Sussex actually produced a decent FC player from their own academy? I remember when they won the double Mark Nicholas wrote an article about how amazing the Sussex team was and how they played like an international side with no weak links, it was all bollocks as you would expect, they won because they had Mushtaq Ahmed.
Actually I just remembered Tremlett. Wow, one.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tremlett??? Sussex have produced a fair number of decent players but he definitely isn't one of them

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair to Sussex they don't have an awful lot of fast bowling talent coming through, think they have a plethora of young spinners, but apart from the dire Leicestershire reject Chris Liddle and everyone's favourite Luke Wright they have a couple of 37 year olds and a 33 year old, so its no surprise they are looking overseas.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
When was the last time Sussex actually produced a decent FC player from their own academy?
Lewry, Kirtley, Martin-Jenkins. And 4 England keepers past and present in Prior, Ambrose, Hodd, Brown. Superkingdave is right in his assessment - there are some good young spinners coming through (Tom Smith, Will Beer, Ollie Rayner) but there's a massive problem with a shortage of young quick bowlers.

Actually I just remembered Tremlett. Wow, one.
You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

I remember when they won the double Mark Nicholas wrote an article about how amazing the Sussex team was and how they played like an international side with no weak links, it was all bollocks as you would expect, they won because they had Mushtaq Ahmed.
Just like Somerset won 3 Championships when they had him?

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Another one?
Yep he bowls SLA and can bat at a similar level to his Northern namesake. I've only seen him bowl in a couple of televised games but he was pretty impressive. He's rated as a really good prospect at Sussex. No-one at Sussex is quite sure who will make it out of him, Beer and Rayner.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep I'm getting into practice for the coming season, watching the Wet Boys win the championship while SCCC stare down the barrel of relegation.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That, on the other hand, is not the spirit - will you be at Hove between the 21st and 24th - or is rain due?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not out of the question actually. What might hold me back is the thought of just how cold I got trying to watch FC cricket in April last season which nearly did me in.